52v 22ah pack longevity?

GavilanButler

100 µW
how long should my 52v 22ah battery be lasting on my 48v 1500w direct drive gearless motor? Currently I'm getting only about 11 miles. I feel like that's below average. Could my cheap motor be draining my pack really fast or does it seem like a battery problem? My battery cells are new lg's.

What does your wattmeter show for wh/mile, or at least watts while riding, and at what speed? If you don't have one I'd recommend getting one, as it makes first steps of determining problems easier. A spedometer will also help, as just knowing the watts doesn't say how fast they're being used up. Knowing the terrain you're riding on and how you ride is also important.

If you're going fast and/or have hills and/or lots of stops/starts, your range might be perfectly normal. (but the motor would probably be getting pretty warm).

Next, your pack might not be balanced, and thus not fully charged, so leave it on the charger for a few days or weeks and see if it improves. If it's impractical to not use it for that long, then leave it on the charger for every moment that you are not actually using it, at home and at any destinations you travel to.

If you prefer to test/troubleshoot the pack, there are dozens of threads about how to do that in various ways.

The prolem could also be a number of other things, including the wiring order of phases and halls, but you will need to start the testing somewhere; I'd start with the first two above.

Assuming you are cruising 25-30 miles per hour, you should expect in the ballpark of one amp hour per mile.

Question is,, how many amp hours does your 22 ah pack actually deliver, and uhh,,, do you weigh enough to be getting 1/2 ah per mile normally?

I'd look into how well your pack is balancing at top of charge, and is it charging to full. as well as other things like an incredibly poor connection from battery to controller, and so forth.

It could be the battery itself. New cells, ok,, you built it? did you solder cells or something?

Back