dsami

100 µW
This is my thinking for how to arrange batteries in hailong-3 65 cells 48V

hailong 3-2 (413 x 584).jpg

Attachments

• hailong 3-2.pdf
    202.6 KB · Views: 166
Ya thanks bchaney

I c that they arranged the batteries differently, the didn't need to make two bridges "4 layers of Nickel strips or 12 gauge tinned copper wire" like in my drawing.

But since I have no spot welder, I am planing to by the batteries already C-Tagged and just solder the nickle strips or use tinned copper wire.
https://eu.nkon.nl/

So, in my drawing I think it would be much easier to solder C-tagged batteries in strait rows than zigzag.

Attachments

• 48v116ah-case-08-bottle-panasonic-battery-pack-battery (600 x 600).jpg
    48v116ah-case-08-bottle-panasonic-battery-pack-battery (600 x 600).jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 1,450
awesome contribution, I got a case with 65 pieces installed, but I didnt know where to put the BMS :) . thanks for the contibution.

now the charge took around 4.24 hours, but the watt meter shows something dissapointing around 1.717 AH, could that be real and still measure 48a?

I have a 13SP5 battery.

poor video of the charge process can be seen here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6L3UQBYvSA

thx

porrascarlos80 said:
now the charge took around 4.24 hours, but the watt meter shows something dissapointing around 1.717 AH, could that be real and still measure 48a? thx

Thanks porrascarlos80, First I am a newbie but charging for 4.24 hours sounds normal for a 48V. but getting the capacity 1.717 A this is very odd...

Have you measured the capacity of each battery? for example if your first 5P set has a total of 6A and the second (or last) 5P set has a total of 17A the BMS will not work right. "Maybe I am wrong".

you have to measure and record the A of each cell individually by charging and discharging, then arrange the 65 cells in an ascending order for example "the lowest is 1200 mAh then 1260 mAh then 1300 mAh ......... 3300 mAh, 3400 mAh, 3500 mAh will be the highest.

Then when you start building the parallel sets (5P) take one battery from each side of your ascending order, ex. 1200 mAh+3500 mAh+1260 mAh+3400 mAh+1300 mAh = your first 5P set. By that all your parallel sets will be equal in Ampere: say your average will be 10A/set (5P in your case), so the A in the first 5P will equal the A in the 13th 5P.

have a look at this video "https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBfIWCnUkBhWbSkfIlvxFUg/playlists

Again maybe I am wrong, :) Good Luck

update : I saw in one of your videos that you already recorded the A of each cell,,,,,hmmm... then I am out of solution, hope someone else can give you (us) a better solution...

Thank you!

yes its very odd the measurement done by the watt meter but the good news is the kit meter shows 3 leds insted of 1 at the begining.

I will do a drive test and see how far It can go. kinda myth buster´s tests.

Back