SLC-8116LD Charger from Em3ev

Chefkeith

10 mW
So, I ordered a 50v large triangle pack from Paul at Em3ev and the 5amp charger with 90/100% switch. It's described as aluminum on the website, but the model I received is plastic. It has one switch on it that reads "L/H." I'm assuming that L is 90% and H is 100%? No documentation was included with the charger.

I'm also assuming that the charger will automatically shut off when it's done? I don't want to ruin the battery. I'm new to all of this. I do have a few multi-meters, but I'm not sure what to look for to tell when the battery has reach the appropriate charge level.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks, all!

The charger will not shut off, but it will stop charging. There should be LEDs that indicate the current activity, with Red being charging and Green being done.

And yes, L/H means Low/High, 90% or 100%. You should be using 90% for 90% of your charging and 100% occasionally to allow the pack to balance.

cal3thousand said:
The charger will not shut off, but it will stop charging. There should be LEDs that indicate the current activity, with Red being charging and Green being done.

And yes, L/H means Low/High, 90% or 100%. You should be using 90% for 90% of your charging and 100% occasionally to allow the pack to balance.

Thanks! That's what I thought, but just wanted to verify (I'm a read-the-manual kinda guy).

Back