DPC-14 Display Losing Time

Chefkeith

10 mW
Hey, does anyone else have trouble with the Bafang DPC-14 color display losing time? I keep it plugged in constantly, even when charging. What's weird is, the date is always right, but the clock goes haywire.

Thanks, all!

I have the 750c display and it doesn't hold time either. I'm guessing there is no backup battery to keep time while turned off.

Marin said:
I have the 750c display and it doesn't hold time either. I'm guessing there is no backup battery to keep time while turned off.

I'm confused with why there's a clock feature if there's no backup battery...

I had the same issue happening to me. Looks like the supplier has had these devices laying on storage too long... The RT (Real Time) clock does in fact have a back up battery, but it was depleted. Such clocks use hardly any power, so only a little is needed.

I noticed that the clock seemed to run for a couple of hours after shutting down the display. In fact; after a particularly long ride (75 KM) I noticed that the clock had been 'alive' longer than usual. This must mean it held power longer because it was 'charged' longer. (Elementry, my dear Watson)

I configured the display to remain switched on rather than the default timeout after 5 minutes (setting = ' OFF') and kept my battery on my bike for one whole night, effectively running the display all night & allowing the display a decent ' charging time' for whatever battery is keeping the RT clock running.

Yep, that worked; my clock is running fine now.

I hope this helps you guys.. It annoyed the hell out of me ;)

Back