connector for hub motor?

Higo and similar ones are directly available with cabling.

There's a thread for a site that sells them in the for sale section, just look for Higo in the title.

There's lots of other connectors that can have that many contacts, too, but most of the ones i can think of are either expensive or large / bulky or difficult to make weather resistant, etc.

Higo works good, but not for high power.

Ideal for about 750 watts, 1000w max. Not for 48v and 30 amps controller though, at 1500w peak.

Micro-B USB has five wires, and that has been used for Halls before with success. For the motor phases, I like to use the 4.5mm diameter bullets that I cut out of XT90 connectors (I have a bag of male-female XT90's). I like the bulky Molex connectors because I can move the pins and sockets around easily. That way I can connect any controller I have to any motor I buy...

4.5mm bullets and 3X3 Molex connector shown here...(male pins on the motor side out of habit)

ConnectorsA1.jpg

"Connectors ! Andersons, Deans, etc.."
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2767#p741496

rr-mcb-ext-xxg.jpg

spinningmagnets said:
For the motor phases, I like to use the 4.5mm diameter bullets that I cut out of XT90 connectors (I have a bag of male-female XT90's).

I like the bulky Molex connectors because I can move the pins and sockets around easily. That way I can connect any controller I have to any motor I buy...

4.5mm bullets and 3X3 Molex connector shown here...(male pins on the motor side out of habit)

The ones Justin sells I had originally purchased and bought a ebay crimper for but those were waaaaay to tiny. I could never crimp it properly, nor solder them right.

I just bought some 0.093" Molex, a pack of 5 single circuit soldering 28awg with success!
Last week I bought 0.062" 3 circuit but they look a little too small for my fat fingers!

The 0.093" Molex is going to my new go to for halls/temp, then use Hobbyking XT60 or XT90's for battery connection. Looking online you cant tell at all the size or tactile feel of anything. I buy my Molex from B&E Electronics who ship Canada-wide. I gotta start supporting local businesses rather then being lazy and just ordering shit online all the time. However I can't say that for the XT connectors, the hobby shops around here sell them at quite a markup, while Hobbyking sells them really cheap. I buy the parallel connectors, because the wire is already soldered onto the connector. Its easier for my fat fingers to solder big wire together, then fiddle around with laying a good concave shiny solder joint.

4mm bullets are good for phase wires, I tape them up with electrical tape.

B&E has a ton of other connectors that I like to look at while I am at their physical store. The blue water proof ones are quite expensive. They have Anderson Powerpoles which is a good connector as well.

I've used these up to 30 amps.

https://bmsbattery.com/ebike-parts/439-a-pair-of-9pin-waterproof-male-female-connector-cable-for-motor-parts.html?search_query=motor+cable&results=184

Molex 0.093" are good for up to 17A I found out, so probably not good for phase wires, but you cant go wrong with Anderson Powerpoles. I haven't used them much at all, I tried soldering a wire on once, which is a good cheap ebay crimper to use with PP's?

I use this connector for motor phases :

HTB13nVMKFXXXXcgaXXXq6xXFXXXT.jpg

http://fr.aliexpress.com/item/10-Pairs-Amass-MT60-3-5mm-Motor-Plug-Connector-Set-for-RC-ESC-to-Motor/32686701919.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.3BZvHG

and 2 JST 3 pins for hall sensors :

HTB1rz7aQVXXXXaaXVXXq6xXFXXXD.jpg

http://fr.aliexpress.com/item/Free-Shipping-10pcs-3pin-JST-Connector-Male-Female-plug-and-socket-connecting-Cable-Wire-for-WS2811/32366522079.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.VZh6VK

dogman dan said:
Higo works good, but not for high power. Ideal for about 750 watts, 1000w max. Not for 48v and 30 amps controller though, at 1500w peak.

This one here works for 40 amps.

HIGO-L1019_male_connector.JPG
HIGO-L1019_female_connector.JPG
We sell them in pairs for less than US$ 40, freight to US from US$ 16 uninsured.

Yer not really supposed to promote your own product here, except for in the for sale sections.

Lots of easy sources for Higos, one being to just buy a motor cable extension wire from somebody in your country who sells e bike kits. Cut it in half, and now you have both plugs, and wire for splicing on the end.

Tends to cost more than 16 bucks for that though, unless you get them straight from china.

Back