Exchanged sinewave for analog- Should it be so noises

999zip999

100 TW
I had to take out my 18 fat power velocity sine wave controller and replace with an old em3ev 12 fet 40 amp controller. The thing was so noisy I thought I got the phase and or Hall connections mixed up. No the amp load with my muxus 3000 it's okay. It's just so loud or is it a sine wave is so quiet ? Was riding at 3000 Watts runs well except for the noise but good troller little warm the motor is cool as ice my batteries are fine

I guess I can't believe how noisy it is with old style em3ev 12fet 4110 fet controller. I took off the powervelocity sinewave 18fet controller for update. Itis just silent. I guess I'm having a hard time believing the difference. Thinking that I had a bad wire combo.

If the phase or Hall wiring was off, there would be drivability issues.
"Noise" is hard to quantify, but my experience w/ Infineon controllers, was the noise was a function of power. Compared to a sine wave or even the newer soft-start" square waves, the Infineons produced a "hammering" sound and were audible almost up to cruising speed. But the Infineon would leave the other controllers in the dust. If your Infineon's "noise" is as I describe and it is more powerful than the controller you replaced, I would say what you are hearing is normal.

Well it's a 12fet em3ev 40a. I just didn't remember that much noise over powervolicity 18fet 90amp. Just smother I'm old so menbery is fading fast. Oh is it all this smoke in hear.

Now going the road listening I hear a noise now what's up the bungee cord jumped off my six pack of 7UP and is now wrapped around my spokes lucky I stopped no broken spokes. The more worried you have the more problems you caused stop causing problems

Stone Cold both of controller and the motor Muxus 3000. Sounds like Frankenstein when he can't get a hard-on aaraamggggggeel. No as loud as the bmc 600hs it was running.

Some controllers are much louder than others for sure. My BBS02 blew it's controller and I hooked up some cheap 18A one that I had from a bafang hub motor kit, it worked fine but it screeched like an F1 engine, and the vibration through the seat tube was enough to make my man parts go numb after about 40 minutes. I replaced that with a 25A grinfineon sinewave controller and it's silent once again. Even running sensorless non-sinewave mode, it's not silent but it's a hell of a lot smoother and less screechy than the cheap one. Not all waveforms are created equal apparently.

I guess is where or hall I may glue your nuts ( halls ) and or ? Help with lost problems. So will order 15fet bluetooth and goodies for 60amp and or backup.

The trap controller is essentially hitting your motor with a magnetic hammer, and the higher the current rating the bigger the hammer. Every 60 electrical degrees it yanks the magnetic field 60 degrees, and not smoothly. The sinewave controller is rotating the field smoothly. Big difference. The sound level depends on the motor, some are noisier than others. When we get used to the silence the old way sounds noisier than it used to.

Yes that's what it sounds like a little hammering. I did order a powervolicity 15fet with bluetooth will use with C.A. v3 was thinking of his new matching display, but had the ca v3 as it has a temp thing ? Will test it with the muxus 3,000 but is for an edge 1,500 needs lacing so temp is needed. The lyen 12fet is going back to the backup bmc 600hs. I wonder how quite a sinewave would be on that ?
Sorry for the talk to text I do read before send but comes out as it does? ?? Now the waiting game. :wink:

Back