Controller Wiring Help with Ignition

Get all your technical information about electric bikes here.

Controller Wiring Help with Ignition

Postby hedgecore08 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:16 am

I just purchased a 48v 500w controller from Ebay and I feel confident in all the wiring except the ignition. The controller I bought only has one red wire for the ignition and I have a feeling I should run it to a switch and then to the power (positive) somewhere. Though I am not totally sure though, since most controller have two wires for the ignition from the controller.
There is a horrible wiring diagram on the ebay page if you wanna take a look. haha

http://www.ebay.com/itm/48V-500W-Electr ... SwsTxXjESP
hedgecore08
1 µW
1 µW

Re: Controller Wiring Help with Ignition

Postby dogman dan » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:46 am

A bit confusing as there is two diagrams on that page.

I am not sure what to make of this one, since there are wires for burglary power, power switch, and signal theft.

I would think power switch would be the one to connect to battery, through a switch, if it was red. looks like another color to me though. :?

I'd start with just trying the two power wires, see if it does power up. If not, start asking the vendor WTH?

Use a stout plug for the switch if you get it powered up. Switches on the main battery wires just fry, unless they are expensive, heavy contactors.
Last edited by dogman dan on Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total. View post history.
dogman dan
100 GW
100 GW

Re: Controller Wiring Help with Ignition

Postby Voltron » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:39 am

On my generic Ebay controller the single red was the ignition, and yes, either directly wired with the battery positive, or thru a switch. I highly recommend a barmount switch for safety.

The smaller black/red combo on mine was full pack voltage out for dc/dc converter hookup... and for confusing, mine has the same anti theft, doorlock, etc, and at least five of the different things had a paper tag around them that said Hall wires...lol.
Voltron
100 kW
100 kW

Return to E-Bike Technical