Controller Wiring Help with Ignition

hedgecore08

1 µW
I just purchased a 48v 500w controller from Ebay and I feel confident in all the wiring except the ignition. The controller I bought only has one red wire for the ignition and I have a feeling I should run it to a switch and then to the power (positive) somewhere. Though I am not totally sure though, since most controller have two wires for the ignition from the controller.
There is a horrible wiring diagram on the ebay page if you wanna take a look. haha

http://www.ebay.com/itm/48V-500W-Electric-Bicycle-E-bike-Scooter-Brushless-DC-Motor-Speed-Controller-/142057807682?epid=920378971&hash=item21134e1f42:g:Ux8AAOSwsTxXjESP

A bit confusing as there is two diagrams on that page.

I am not sure what to make of this one, since there are wires for burglary power, power switch, and signal theft.

I would think power switch would be the one to connect to battery, through a switch, if it was red. looks like another color to me though. :?

I'd start with just trying the two power wires, see if it does power up. If not, start asking the vendor WTH?

Use a stout plug for the switch if you get it powered up. Switches on the main battery wires just fry, unless they are expensive, heavy contactors.

On my generic Ebay controller the single red was the ignition, and yes, either directly wired with the battery positive, or thru a switch. I highly recommend a barmount switch for safety.

The smaller black/red combo on mine was full pack voltage out for dc/dc converter hookup... and for confusing, mine has the same anti theft, doorlock, etc, and at least five of the different things had a paper tag around them that said Hall wires...lol.

Back