Sabvoton 72150 for geared mac motor ?

Bouteille51

100 mW
Hello all,

I previously built a nice ebike using phaserunner and mac 8T motor. Very happy with it but for a second build I am planning to get another mac motor 8T with a different controller.
After a lot of reading on the forum I am willing to order a sabvoton 72150 controller (probably overkill for this motor but nice for future upgrades) and I have few questions before hitting the "buy now" button.

First and most important, the mac motor is 16 poles and 1:5 geared (ie. 80 poles for controller). I think that requires something like 50000erpm ability from the controller (correct me if I'm wrong) but I read somewhere that sabvoton can only go up to 24000erpm... Is that correct ?
In brief is this controller compatible with a mac motor 8T ?

Thank you for your help ! I'll ask other questions later :)

I guess that depends on the speed you want out of it. If you don't need any speed higher than what the Sabvoton's limit will give it, it would work.

Otherwise, you'll need something beyond that limit.

(sorry I don't know what the actual limit is on the sabvoton or others, but there is some discussion about that in a recent review thread for powervelocity controllers).

Thank you,

you are right.
50000 is actually conservative for my use as with the phaserunner @ 14S I get 60km/h and the wheel circumference is roughly 2 meters (60000mhour/2m/60min*80poles=~40000erpm). I don't plan going faster anyway.
Problem is that I can't find the sabvoton limit on any documentation except a message somewhere on the forum but I lost it...

I might have missed the information in an obvious place though.

Back