Ezee hub only doing 213 rpm

LordRobert

1 µW
Hi,

I have just installed an Ezee hub with a 36v battery on my 20" wheel bike (Helios Tandem). I was hoping to get around 15 mph out of it which is the max you're allowed in the UK, but I'm getting about 12 mph. When I lift the wheel off the ground and apply full throttle it rotates at 213 rpm, I was expecting 250 rpm. Any idea why it isn't going at 250 rpm? Is there a secret controller setting?

thanks,

Bob
UK

What controller?

It sounds as if either there's a controller setting or jumper limiting you to 20kph (around 12MPH). I've read of some that do that. If you have a single-wire pair that's connected together on the controller, try disconnecting that wire pair. (for instance, two white wires coming out of the controller separately, with a plug on each one, plugged into each other).

Alternately, if the battery is low, it will also go slower. If it's going as slow as you see off-ground, then it would go even slower than that on-ground while riding, and probably give you an indication of battery getting low (or cut out).

Otherwise, according to the Grin simulator, it ougth to get you almost 17MPH on the flats when the battery is full, slowing a bit as it empties.
http://www.ebikes.ca/tools/simulator.html?bopen=false&motor=MEZEE250&hp=0&wheel=20i&axis=mph&autothrot=false&throt=100&grade=0

Back