Help on connecting wires for EV Global Motor

I am trying to repair an old EV Global bike. The wires from the controller to the motor were cut. There is black, red, and brown colored wires on the controller side, and black, red, white and blue wires on the motor side. Any ideas on what wire gets connected to the other, or how to fix it otherwise. THANKS SO MUCH!!

Are they all the same gauge wire? The bigger ones are the power wires, and the smaller ones are the temp sensor.
I found the manual under 24-volt-ebike-service-manual at ebikereview.com. They say red and blue but sometimes red and black for the power...lol. And no color given for the temp wires.

Mine in my motor pile had red and blue power wires...

Someone told me I need the Currie throttle connector wirin AND. The connector wiring to motor.

Hi, I had to repost this because of new information. I have an OLD EV Global big cruiser bike -" E-Rider". I believe it is a very early Currie with a brush motor? The battery or batteries are missing from the case, and the wires between the controller and motor are disconnected/cut and the connectors are gone. The three wires from the controller are red, black and blue. The ones from the motor are red, black, white and blue. I don't know how to reconnect them. If you know how the matching on connect them, please let me know. THANKS!!! Peter

Trial and error.
Have you tried plastic terminal blocks and screwing on the wires in different combos?
When testing, pull the throttle gently, do not pull full throttle.
Really you need a watt meter too so you can see much amps are being used to make the wheel turn when off the ground. The lower the better. So quiet running motor and very low no load amps is usually correct. This is what people do on brushless motors with and without hall sensors. Not sure about brushed motors though

Black and red are the power wires on both the controller side and the motor. Match those colors.

Not sure on the others, but on the EV global hub motors, the other two wires are a temp sensor.

A picture would be pretty helpful to sort this out. The controller needs more than 3 wires to work. Randomly testing wires is a good way to blow something up. There are ways to test non-destructively to see which wire should go where.

Another option might be to buy a new controller with known wiring connections. These are very inexpensive for brushed motors.

Yeah, till we see the motor, we don't even know if its the heinzmann brushed 24v motor or not. I never heard of the EVG coming with a currie motor though. So I'm pretty darn sure the red and black are fat wires to the motor, and the two thin ones are to a temp sensor. I never saw an EVG controller though, so I don't know shit about that side. A generic 24v controller will run it. 36v will tend to overheat it and melt it down.

Try touching 12v to the red black wires, and if it turns the motor is functioning. IF its a brushed heinzmann hub motor.

Back