Ezee motor and 10K NTC thermsitor

I bought an Ezee motor 350 RPM and I will travelling in mountain for a few weeks.

I am afraid of the temperature of the motor combine with the fact that air pressure at those altitude is below 70 kPa, the cooling won't be optimum.
I dont think my Ezee motor has a temperature sensor build in.

I saw this on eBikes stores
http://www.ebikes.ca/ca3-therm.html

is there something I can do with that for a motor not designed with temperature monitoring in mind ?

major newbie here :)

How much power are you making available to it?
I'm running 1000 watts on my Ezee V1 and it barely gets warm. That's on a long moderate hills in 90-'s F temps. The Ezee is not prone to over-heating due to it's large mass relative to it's recommended power handling. Unless you are running some crazy amount of power though it, I wouldn't worry about it. Run the sim. at Ebike CA , plug in the parameters and see what the results will be. The single most important thing to observe, is to not allow the climbing speed to fall below 1/2 the top speed, at which point the motor starts to dump a lot of heat.

Good idea to limit the power. thank you

One of the problem is speed. I won't be able to go fast.
Very tight road, lots of traffic and my bike will be heavy (tent, spare part etc) for this 9000 km trips

The other problem is a steep incline on a long distance.
if you can see the charts there is some impressive climbing, I found one of them that last more than 50 km

I will try this week a 22% climb without the heavy equipment to see how the motor behave.

Attachments

• franco velo solaire voyage longue route 4 evelation.png
    franco velo solaire voyage longue route 4 evelation.png
    26.1 KB · Views: 441
OK, I went back and re-read your first post. Where it says 350 rpm, I read 350 Watts, big difference.
The 350 rpm V2 is a high-speed motor that is designed to be used in a 20 inch or smaller wheel. Are you using it in a small wheel? If you have it in a 24 inch or larger wheel, you have a problem.
If it's in a sm. wheel, you want to limit the Volts to 48 V and keep the Amps up, at least a controller of 25 Amps.
What is your system and bike exactly?

Back