Throttle cuts off after I hit a bump / pot hole

Bigbikebob

10 W
While going at a fast speed and holding the throttle twisted I started to get cut off if I hit a bump or a pot hole.
If I try to rotate the throttle more nothing happens and only when I release the throttle completely and twist again the problem is solved until the next bump / pot hole.

I am not talking about the kind of power cut off that you get when the battery cuts off and you can actually feel the small vibration the moment it happens this cutoff is different and there is no vibration just a loss of reaction from the the controller to the the rotation of the throttle.

Does the reason are exposed wires momentary touching because of the force generated from hitting the bump and the controller doing the cut off because of the irregular signal?

Your battery is losing it's connection, so look there to solve your problem.

When the battery is switched on, your controller goes through an initialisation procedure. It checks the throttle voltage, and if it doesn't show as zero throttle, it won't give power until it gets a zero throttle signal first.

d8veh said:
Your battery is losing it's connection, so look there to solve your problem.

When the battery is switched on, your controller goes through an initialisation procedure. It checks the throttle voltage, and if it doesn't show as zero throttle, it won't give power until it gets a zero throttle signal first.

Thanks I did changed my battery connectors a week a go, Will check them out.

Check all your plugs and wires. It could be anywhere on the bike. But you do start that troubleshoot with the battery plug.

dogman dan said:
Check all your plugs and wires. It could be anywhere on the bike. But you do start that troubleshoot with the battery plug.

I just connected my battery to controller via insulated crimped connectors. that is funny because you just posted on my other topic regarding crimped connectors.

dogman dan said:
You asked for a good crimp connector for big wire pigtails, I gave you one. Better than most insulated automotive 12g crimp butt connectors. Easier to crimp, and you can see if its good or not. The insulated butt connectors can mis crimp, and you never know.

Back