having problems with SW900 with 24V battery

troypi

100 µW
Hi all,
I am having trouble to get my new ebike kit to work. I own an IZIP eco ride, eZip Eco ride 2 mens.jpg which is a chip ebike that use to have a brushed motor and 2 12V SLA batteries. I upgraded a few month ago to a 24V LiFePo4 15AH battery pack from pingbattery.com and the bike has been working fine. I recently decided to scrap the old brushed motor and put a 500W kit with brushless motor and SW900 LCD display. I installed the motor and replaced my old controller by the one that came with the kit, plugged everything as it should and put my battery to fire up the bicycle. My hopes of having an awesome new ebike rapidly went down the drain went I sa an error code 06 which means "under-voltage" according to the manual. IMG_2676.JPG
Here is what I did to troubleshoot the problem:
- I set up the controller to 24V using the software in the LCD display (setting P03)
- I controlled the voltage out of the battery and at the entrance of the controller and I get 26.7V
- I lowered the max admissible current using setting P14

I can't get the error code to leave even though my battery is above 24V. On the controller it is written "min voltage 31.5V" but according to the seller it's not a problem and should work with a 24V battery as soon as you choose 24V in setting P03.IMG_2677.JPG

Does anyone has tried to use such a kit with a 24V battery ??

Thanks for your help,

Pierre

The controller could have a hardware LVC in it that can't be bypassed by the LCD setting (which AFAIK is only for the meter display bar).

You'll probably need a '36v" battery for that controller.

To test this theory, if you still have your SLA, put one of them in series with your existing 24v battery.

thanks for your reply,
that was my thought. I am going to test the controller with a 36V battery from a friend and see what happens. Then if it works I have two options, buying a 36V battery which I'm not too happy about because mine is recent, or buying a 24V controller.

Back