Controlling a motor at low speed using Sevcon gen4

jenwu

1 µW
Hi,

We are using a BLCD, Revolt 160 pro, for a test bench application. Right now we are trying to do speed control without load on our Sevcon gen4. We can control the speed using a throttle for speeds above 1000 rpm and up to 5500 rpm. The motor accelerates fast up to 1000 rpm with almost no throttle value. In the Sevcon software, DVT, we can read the analog input value of the throttle. When the throttle is set to 0V after start, the motor still spins at 1000rpm. In short the problem is that we can't control the motor below 1000rpm and it stays continuously at 1000 rpm when the throttle is at 0V. We have tried to change all the control parameters but we still have the same problem. I'm using a forward and reverse switch, I have the same problem as I described above in reverse direction.

Have you got any ideas of what the problem could be? The Sevcon is a bit problematic to program.

I gave up with the speed control and moved on the torque control.
Now I'm experiencing the opposite problem, I can control my motor for low torques but it can't go above 9.4Nm. I can see that the actual AC current (Iq) is limited at 52 A. I set my max torque to 100 Nm and the max stator current to 100 A.
Has anyone get experience with Sevcon? Please let me know :)

Back