Swap controler for BPM motor

Robleman

10 mW
Hi,
I have a hub BPM motor working with a 36V 22Acontroler & battery. I also have a spare 48V battery and controler (22AInfineon, use to work fine with a Nine Continent(9C) motor)

My question is if I can plug the 48V battery and controler into the BPM motor because:
- BPM is geared and 9C is direct drive so eventhough both use hall sensors maybe the controler is not compatible?
- increase the voltage from 36V to 48V may be too much for a chinese geared hub?

The 48V battery is in better shape and I can locate it inside the frame so this change can be a good improve if it works. A little more power is allways welcome.

Thanks in advance for any advice

Keep in mind it'll be faster by the ratio of new voltage to old, at any particular throttle setting (or PAS), and it'll also subject the motor to more heat (from greater power) at a similar ratio.

The only issue I can think of that a few experience with certain geared motors is the ones with high pole counts can have problems at faster speeds, where the controller loses sync with the motor.

You'd ahve to test it to see if that''ll be an issue with your components or not.

Thanks amberwolf,

So I may plug and test it, aparently its no incompatibility apart from taking care not to force it to the limit continusly.

Back