Adaptto protect mode

Sweden_Rob

100 mW
Hey

This week my controller went in to "protect" mode.
That means instead of powerprofile view in display "normal" "eco" etc it shows "protect".
I reset the controller and it worked for a while, then entering protect again.
Open controller and it was dry.
Then I tested to connect only display and battery, but now it refuse to leave "protect" mode.
Does anyone know what wrong in the controller? I can't be the first to get this kind of problem.
It feels like the problem would be simple to solve.

My understanding is that protect is triggered by leakages across phases or resistance changes. Assuming your motor is compatible (eg I got protect with a revolt 160 short) You may want to check your phase and hall wires to ensure no short, cracked insulation or interference etc. Suggest pay close attention to where wires exit motor. Good luck 9l

9lives said:
My understanding is that protect is triggered by leakages across phases or resistance changes. Assuming your motor is compatible (eg I got protect with a revolt 160 short) You may want to check your phase and hall wires to ensure no short, cracked insulation or interference etc. Suggest pay close attention to where wires exit motor. Good luck 9l

Okey, but then It would disappear when I reset the controller without motor cables connected and I should show "Halls!" instead?

I think a voltage spike can cause it, maybe from the throttle hall sensor. If the controller reads a high voltage reading it will go into protect. Try picking up the motor wheel off the ground and then opening the throttle without load and see if it powers up. Also, as you say just switch off and on again and this can sort it. However, i have seen this on my maxe and on a friends and both eventually went dead without warning when charging.
Also check low and high voltage cut off values, although if the bike was working previously ok, then unlikely these are the cause.

subscribed. i just had a charge then protect error on a bike that was ridden breifly in rain. looking to track the cause

Back