2 Way Switch with Cycle Analyst V3

iacei

1 W
Hello,

is there a way to use a 2-way switch (on-off) with the ca V3 and the Auxiliary Pot / preset mode?

Like:

1 position would be 0Volt (switch open)
and
2nd pos would be 5V connected to CA-POT (switch closed)

and setting these 2 voltages in the menu to 2 different speed limits?

I searched on the forum and did not find a clear answer to this so I prefer asking.

Thanks in advance.

This is the switch I bought: LINK
02b34cfa-27db-4c31-afe7-f49df9210420.jpg

Those are pretty nice switches - I was looking at them recently as well. They are available with a variety of switch elements and appear to use an aluminum part into which (I assume) standard switches can be inserted. Here's a three position version available here:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Handlebar-Grip-Headlight-Spot-Fog-Light-Indicator-On-Off-Switch-for-Motorcycle/172690079010?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

ebayAlumSw.png

Anyhow - the answer is 'yes'.

V3.0x firmware

Tie the switch from the AuxIn to Gnd if you want to control Presets. Presets allow you to change many settings at once. You can use this type of switch to control limits as well (such as Speed as you requested), but you will need a couple of resistors and fiddle with the AuxMin and AuxMax settings to get the voltages to match your desired limit percentages - kind of a PITA.

V3.1 beta firmware

The newer firmware makes this easy. Tie the switch from the AuxIn to Gnd to control either presets or limiting. Set AuxA to '2-pos sw' . Select either presets or Limiting. For Limit mode, fill in the the desired 'Low' switch percentage - the other position is 100% of the Max Limit configured for the parameter of interest (MaxCurrent, MaxSpeed, etc). So for Speed, select 'Speed Lim', set 'MaxSpeed' to be the 100% value for one switch position, and then the percentage of that in the 'Lo Level' setting for the speed at the other switch position. Easy peasy.

CA3-1b12_newParmMenus.png

The 3.1 beta firmware also lets you use a two button up/down arrangement either alone or in conjunction with your switch (to control two things). The buttons can be configured for 2 to 32 levels.

CA3AuxDBtns.png

Since you're asking, I'm guessing you have the 3.04 production firmware. Get a programming cable and flash the new 3.1 beta stuff - much cooler than the basics in the 3.0 production code.

Also - although you mention searching ES for hints, you should always go to a company website first and look for manuals. There you would have found a link to the Unofficial Guide posted here on ES in the CA V3 Beta thread. The Guide describes how to wire the 2-position switch, etc. (see section "5.6 Auxiliary Pot"). Subscribe to the CAV3 thread to get notifications when new firmware and features are released.

Anyhow, you have some options...

Thanks for all these information.

I did read before the unofficial guide but did not find the part about configuring a 2-way switch, I must have overlooked it, I will check again.

Ok, I assume this is the connection diagramm you are talking about.

I will check my firmware version.

Attachments

• switch.png
    switch.png
    6 KB · Views: 977
My Idea is to make 2 presets egal in every detail but for the speed limit.
AtM I do not use use the presets so it's fine by me, and no fiddling with resistors if I got that right.

Its only to switch to 25 km/h when I have to ride on the streets.

For the rest everything is dandy.

Yes - for presets.

For limits - which is what you originally requested, I was really trying to discourage you from doing that with the 3.0 firmware - it's an annoying configuration to do limiting.

The wiring is in the Guide for presets as I described above. If you want to do limiting, use the following with 4.7K resistors. This is a variation on the circuit in the Guide for 3-position switches used for presets. There's a description in "Appendix G. Configurable Aux Pot 3-Position Switch Using Fixed Resistors" that explains the principle behind setting AuxMin and AuxMax to get the desired limit percentages with this setup..

2posLimitSwitch.gif

Frankly so much easier to use 3.1 beta firmware - you only need wire, no resistors - it works for either limits or presets with simple configuration. But - if you have 3.0x FW and no programming cable, it's certainly doable with a little fiddling :D

EDIT - Oops - I see we were doing a little cross-posting. Yep - your presets plan is a good one. Enjoy your CA!

Back