Hall sensor issue or Mofsets dying ?

whereismiles

1 µW
OK twice now my bafang BBS02b (750w 52v battery Eggrider beta) has had the following issue.

on start up Motor sounds very loud, & lacks power.

1st time it did this, I had ridden through water deep enough to completely submerge the motor, on the day previous thus this may or may not be related) I had also been reprogramming it with a cable.

anyway I pulled & pushed all the connectors, and eventually the motor seemed to function fine again, but out on the ride it did for a short time again sounds noisy & loose power, but recover OK by itself.

Then today, on my ride in to work, all was OK, & I was tanking it up a hill, car in front stops quick, so I stop, upon setting off again, same noisy motor, & lack of power.

a VERY quick diagnostics in the bike shed, gave the following additional info.

on thumb throttle, motor spins (but not flat out) making a noise, speed of motor quickly drops & then stops, wait a few secs & above can be repeated.

So do I have a damp / corrosion issue on my Hall sensors, or have I cooked my Mosfets.
or is there some other gremlin, in there.

nb I'm running an Eggrider in place of the display, (it could even be that I guess)

any help / ideas welcome, as this is my daily commute

Its been a few weeks since your post ( did not see it until now) did you find or solve the problem ?

IMO the moisture is shorting something when it misbehaves. If it was me I would of disassembled the motor and let it air dry and maybe spray down the electrical with carb cleaner

Looks like everybody missed it.

Classic symptoms of a bad connection on the halls circuits. because it runs, but badly, one of the r g y wires.

Back