WZKD3615KA controller maximum overvolt voltage?

cj0

10 mW
The rated voltage of the Tianjin Santroll WZKD3615KA-BTN-Z2 controller is 36 volts.

Is there anyone that has opened this controller and/or tried to overvolt this controller?

What do you expect from the components used, to be the maximum voltage? Or what was the maximum voltage you applied without damaging the controller?

Note: in winter/cold season (< 10ºC outdoors)

Bumping this thread.

Can I get some advice? I'm new to eBiking and using a bike with 36v system.

I have an Tianjin Santroll B-WZKD3615-KA controller, see enclosed picture.
On the box it's rated 36V.
I tried to open the box without success, seems the board is glued to the housing.
But I did manage to get a look at the caps. Most caps are rated 63v, a few smaller once are rated 24v. Didn't manage to see the rating on mosfets though...
Would it be possible to run this controller on 48v without burning the components? Or shall I order a 48v rated controller straight away instead?

Also, I'm planning to hook the system up with standard Bafang USB to TTL interface (Bafang Configuration Tool) in order to tune the performance. Will this be possible with this controller since I have a Bafang C965 system installed?

Any advice would be highly appreciated :D

I would open the controller and look at the capacitor ratings.
If they are rated 63 V max, you could try running it at 48V (13S) or even 52V (14S)....
You'd likely gain 30% top speed, but acceleration will remain the same.

If the caps are 50V rated, don't risk it though.

Matador

Matador said:
I would open the controller and look at the capacitor ratings.
If they are rated 63 V max, you could try running it at 48V (13S) or even 52V (14S)....
You'd likely gain 30% top speed, but acceleration will remain the same.

If the caps are 50V rated, don't risk it though.

Matador

Hi, thanks for your answer. One additional question.
Most caps are rated 63v, a few smaller once are rated 24v (but I don't think this is a problem since I'm running a OEM battery at 36v). My concern is the mosfets. I can't figure out if they can handle 63v or not.
Since the caps are rate 63v, is it possible that the mosfets also is able to handle up to 63v?
It wouldn't make any sense if they put in 63v caps but insufficient mosfets no?

Probably will handle it fine. But if you want to be sure google de mosfet number and find the component PDF datasheet to find its voltage

Hi.
Did you find any solution to speed up your bike? Myself I bought a Biltema bicycle 3 years ago which I modified for 28 km/h by just disconnecting the sensor cable to the motor. That bike was stolen and I bought a new one from Biltema. The new bike have the motor in the back wheel and changed the controller (to the same as yours). Disconnecting the cable doesn't do anything and it is cutting of at about 24km/h.
Any info on the progress with your 48v update is of interest.
Thanks

Back