Is this controller salvagable?

ebike11

1 MW
Hi guys
Plz dont flame me..i forgot to disconnect the power while I was soldering the shunt modification to increase the Amps a bit when I accidently touched P+ & P- resulting in a large bang naturally.
Here are some pics. The board looks undamaged except at the spot. It blackened the power and turn on wires. Could i cut the wires from this point and resolder at a similar P+ area? Thanks

https://postimg.org/gallery/2jr24nv5y/

Yes it is possible to rewire a controller if you have a very hot soldering iron. But lets start from the beginning. Does the controller work like normal now?

:D

e-beach said:
Yes it is possible to rewire a controller if you have a very hot soldering iron. But lets start from the beginning. Does the controller work like normal now?

After it happened..the motor didnt move when i turned the throttle.
So i dont know if i blew something or if those red wires at that damaged spot is the problem

If the controller doesn't work try re-soldering the wires and see if the controller works. If it does not work then you blew something else like a fets or caps or resistors.

If it doesn't work after rewiring then just purchase another one and consider learning how to repair your old one. The cost replacement parts may be more then you want to pay.

The up side of getting a new controller is that you can get one that is more powerful. The down side is that you have to pay money and it takes time to get to you.

e-beach said:
If the controller doesn't work try re-soldering the wires and see if the controller works. If it does not work then you blew something else like a fets or caps or resistors.

If it doesn't work after rewiring then just purchase another one and consider learning how to repair your old one. The cost replacement parts may be more then you want to pay.

The up side of getting a new controller is that you can get one that is more powerful. The down side is that you have to pay money and it takes time to get to you.

Ok ill resolder. Can i resolder the wires to the back side where there is a lot of solder surface? On the mainboard itself will be hard with such small room

If you re-solder on the back side the wires may not fit through the holes provided to them to exit the controller board. You probably need to re-solder them from the top as they were before.

I don't really see how this is life endangering.

If the short didn't pass through any components and only through the board traces, it's probably fixable with some careful work. Some pics of the damaged area would be helpful, it's possible you blew open one or more of the printed traces on the board, and you might need to bypass/rebuild that.

Also look for places molten solder may have splattered onto the board when it went pop.

Back