BBSHD and the Udder effect!

barbs00

100 W
Hi All,

I am thinking about putting a BBSHD on a 2013 giant glory but am worried about smashing the motor on rocks and logs on single track riding. It will hang down a fair bit due to the angle of the downtube.

I know Luna do one on an anthem 2 which has a similar shaped down tube. It looks to me like you lose lots of ground clearance on the pic.

download.jpg

Anyone taken a similar bike offroad? How did you go?

I have a BBSHD on a Giant Anthem.
The motor does hang down and yes you do lose ground clearance, but the motor casing is thick and strong and it seems to be able to take the hits. (So far.)
The bike in general is quite low, so unless I am carefull, I often hit the pedal as well.
Next build for me will be a downhill bike - one without the new style forward looking bottom bracket!

I have BBS02 on Trance.. no problems with clearance, just have to be carefull when going over logs or big stones. I have 250 psi in rear shox for higher pedal clearance .

espresso said:
I have a BBSHD on a Giant Anthem.
The motor does hang down and yes you do lose ground clearance, but the motor casing is thick and strong and it seems to be able to take the hits. (So far.)
The bike in general is quite low, so unless I am carefull, I often hit the pedal as well.
Next build for me will be a downhill bike - one without the new style forward looking bottom bracket!

Thanks. Good to know it can handle a few hits

barbs00 said:
ginekolog said:
I have BBS02 on Trance.. no problems with clearance, just have to be carefull when going over logs or big stones. I have 250 psi in rear shox for higher pedal clearance .

Thanks. Do you ride single track?

Allmost allways single tracks, woods, hiking trails in mointains.

Back