Sabvoton worse than cheap Chinese controller?

rg12

100 kW
Hey Guys,

I have a few customers with 150A Sabvoton controllers.
They all said that you can't have an instant acceleration like the cheap 80A Greentime controllers (which I personally use for years).
One of the guys has a Samsung 8C 55Ah 200A BMS insane pack, you hit full throttle and it never throws all the power in an instant.
Checked that on different systems, different batteries and nothing, they all reported that it can't be changed to the level that the "stupid" chinese controllers do it (expecially greentime).
Just like a muscle car vs. a newage bullshit electronics limited car, it's a complex computer nanny vs. a wire from the pedal to the carburator.
I stick with my soldered shunt 80A greentime and a happy 110A.

I know what you mean...I've used a few 36fet greentime controllers. 4110 and 4115 versions. Peaking wattage was between 15-20kw depending on battery configuration. 32s on a 90lb bike is no joke. It would power wheelie through 40mph if you weren't leaning forward. And this was with a 6" extended swingarm. The greentime dumps a ridiculous amount of phase amps from a start and has crazy acceleration. However I still prefer sabvoton. It's nearly the same power at 150 battery amps and 350 phase amps just takes a fraction of a second longer to spool up. But with the sabvoton I have much more control with the throttle and operation is much more smooth.

Back