2 chargers in paralel...cool?

Kenny'sID

100 W
I can get 2X2a 36V (42v) chargers for less than $20, while the 4a is $50.

I already have a 2a, so any reason I can't buy another (they should be exactly the same charger) and put them together in parallel to make a 4a charger?

Can I charge this 36v around 26AH Li-ion battery, at 4a without problems?

Heck might as well also ask what exactly is the amp hrs on this pack of 160 18650's, lets say an average of 2.05AH each?

Thanks

Kenny'sID said:
I can get 2X2a 36V (42v) chargers for less than $20, while the 4a is $50.

I already have a 2a, so any reason I can't buy another (they should be exactly the same charger) and put them together in parallel to make a 4a charger?
During constant current charging they should "play well" together. As soon as you hit constant current expect one to cut out; the other one will then take all the load and finish the charge.

Thank you, Bill.

Actually These are 2 packs in parallel so i can put one on each side of the bike for a good balance and all, and they can just as easily be charged separately. So from what you say I'd be better off to charge each half of the pack separately and I'll get a faster charge, correct? Keeping them together was only for slight convenience. Looks like breaking up the packs might be a little more of an advantage than I figured.

I'm assuming 4 amps is fine, and I can go look it up but does anyone know right off hand the max amps these can be charged? I know the slower the better, but on occasion when I go like to the grocery store, I will need to charge as I shop because of the long distance there and back, and that heavy load eats up the power, so the quicker I can get charged, the better.

Thanks again

Back