Higo to JST cable?

dzecs

100 µW
I just got a set of Magura MT5e brakes for my cargo bike conversion. They have a Higo 2 pole connector on the end of the wire coming from them. I am trying to figure out how to connect them to my Cycle Analyst that has a JST connector for the brake cutoff. There is enough distance between the brakes and Cycle Analyst that I will need a few more feet of cable to connect them. I have two questions about this setup.

1) I have two brakes, each with its own cutoff cable. There's only one connection on the CA labeled for brakes. How do I connect both?

2) Is there such a thing as a Higo on one end to a JST on the other cable?

Thank folks!

This site
https://www.e-bike-technologies.de/index.php/en/adapter-and-y-adapter-en
can probably make you what you want or you could order the HIGO end from them, and get the JST end from them or from http://ebikes.ca and make your own.

Personally I'd skip the adapter, and just change the connector on one of the two items to match the other one.

I have the same brakes. I bought the Higo extension cables from Germany ( that .de link from the above post), very nice gentleman to deal with. It is bare wire on the other end. You might ask him if he can terminate it with JST if he has the parts for them.

Another thought is to just cut the Higos off and get a 2 wire cable (in one sheath) and solder it on (make sure to waterproof the connection). This is what I would do in hindsight. It will look much cleaner. I see no need for the Higo bulge to be hanging by the brakes. The weight of it also sags the line FYI.

Thanks for the advice folks. I did contact the .de site and will be looking into soldering a connection myself.

How about the 2 brake for one input issue, how did you deal with that?

The Higos come with a meter long cable (or longer can't remember). If using JST, you can't solder them, you have to crimp them.

exe said:
I have the same brakes. I bought the Higo extension cables from Germany ( that .de link from the above post), very nice gentleman to deal with. It is bare wire on the other end. You might ask him if he can terminate it with JST if he has the parts for them.

Another thought is to just cut the Higos off and get a 2 wire cable (in one sheath) and solder it on (make sure to waterproof the connection). This is what I would do in hindsight. It will look much cleaner. I see no need for the Higo bulge to be hanging by the brakes. The weight of it also sags the line FYI.

Yeah, I emailed with the .de place, but I think I'm gonna take your advice and just cut/solder to a wire with a JST on the end.

a question on this: the higos from the brakes have two wires, a red and a black. The CA JST-4 has 3 wires: 5v red, ground black, and EBK blue. How does this get wired up? thanks.

PRW said:
a question on this: the higos from the brakes have two wires, a red and a black. The CA JST-4 has 3 wires: 5v red, ground black, and EBK blue. How does this get wired up? thanks.

Just connect the Ground black and EBK Blue to the two wires from the brakes. Don't need the 5V for these brakes.

I have the same brakes, Love them! So much nicer than having to constantly muck with the BB7s. I just cut off the Higos and put my own JST on it.

rberger said:
PRW said:

Just connect the Ground black and EBK Blue to the two wires from the brakes. Don't need the 5V for these brakes.

I have the same brakes, Love them! So much nicer than having to constantly muck with the BB7s. I just cut off the Higos and put my own JST on it.
thanks rberger!

Back