Ezip Trailz 24v bike low power

b_raddesigns

1 µW
So just purchased a step through Ezip Trailz bike. Battery is showing around 24v on my meter. When I turn bike on and twist the rear tire spins great and then it slows down to almost no power. When I let it stop and twist it again the rear wheel will barely spin like the battery is dead. Now if I turn the bike off and back on and twist the twist the grip of spins fast again but only on the first twist after turning it on. Any ideas?

Exactly what does your multi-testor say after battery is charged as much as it's going to charge? Is it an old lead acid battery pack?

Yes its lead acid batteries. Also the charger will not show green fully charged even after over night charging. And the meter on handlebars only shows yellow and when throttle applied shows yellow to red. You think this is just a battery issue?

You should get a cheap multi-testor if you don't have one and first determine the voltage the batteries are getting up to and eliminate that possible problem first. Hot off the charger a 24v battery should be around 27 volts.

Here's a thread to read with lots of info about the Trailz bikes:

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=64442

Used battery? bought the thing used? Yes, 99.9% sure the lead is dead. New lead would fix it.

You can get new lead cells many places, but the easiest would be a batteries plus if your town has one. Take them the whole package if you don't feel up to digging into the box.

b_raddesigns said:
Replaced batteries today with new ones. It works great!! Thanks for the help!

Good news, you should take a look at some of that stuff in the link I posted above, forum member Drk Angel details a lot of different mods you can do to the Trailz bikes for better performance, putting 36v controller and Lithium Ion battery, changing gear ratios for faster top speed or hill climbing ability etc, places to get replacement parts etc etc.

Back