Adaptto MIDI-E hall sensor pinout? [SOLVED]

inedible

100 W
Hey all, quick question for anyone who owns a MIDI-E, how the hell do you hook up the halls?

I've scoured the internet for other posts asking this question but I'm surprised no one's encountered this. The Adaptto manual only covers the MINI and MAX-E, where the halls cable has a 7-pin connector. My MIDI-E has a 6-pin one.

Only 6 out of the 7 pins are used on the mini and max-e, so I tried to improvise. I followed the same pinout as the manual, but I considered the middle pin to be pin 6. Didn't work. Autoconfig process says "Halls error 2" but again, the manual comes up short.

Thanks!

So far I've metered out the pins and I think maybe the middle pin is Pin 1? Then, in the following pic on the female connector, it goes counter-clockwise, pins two through 6 I'm guessing?

https://i.imgur.com/uxSkdWH.jpg

I suspect the 1.25v lines are hall sensors and the 0.95v signal is the temperature probe?

Going to give this a shot, I think...

It worked! I'm a genius!

I'll leave this here for anyone who encounters this in the future:

Nt5OhO7.png

(transcription in case the image is unavailable:)

Code:
   2    . u .   6
  3    .  .  .   5
    4     .

1. A
  2. B
  3. C
  4. Temp
  5. GND
  6. +5v

where "u" is the notch at the top, and the middle pin is pin 1, looking at the connector on the controller. Mirror image is true for the connector you are wiring.

Back