Motor cutting out

As I am driving along on my bike, sometimes the motor will cut out, i hear a clicking coming from the controller, then if i get off the throttle and reapply it comes back on, sometimes it takes 3-4 tries. This has happened when I have hit a bump, or pushed the bike really hard. I am wondering if anyone has experienced this?

My set up:: 6t MAC hub motor, 12fet infineon controller, 48v 26.1ah panasonic PF battery.

Following ...

This happens to me too. BMC v2S motor, 12-fet Grinfineon, 48V Luna shark. One time, I hit a bump and the system went dead. It turned out the BMS on battery needed to be "jump started." Best I can tell, this was caused by battery terminal intermittent. What caused that? I suspect because the contacts in my anderson connector was intermittent judging by a burnt connector. Re-did that connection and intermittent cut-outs still happen. I have about 5 connector pairs - I'm looking to re-do all my connections with crimp/solder or XT60's and see if that fixes this issue.

Jiawei

Nearly always, something like that is a loose plug, or a defect in the wiring somewhere. Look for it, some plugs like the square white scooter type plugs are notorious for letting the contact back out of the housing. so look hard for that kind of thing.

Also, the plug between the battery and controller can get fried from the connecting up spark.

dogman dan said:
Nearly always, something like that is a loose plug, or a defect in the wiring somewhere. Look for it, some plugs like the square white scooter type plugs are notorious for letting the contact back out of the housing. so look hard for that kind of thing.

Also, the plug between the battery and controller can get fried from the connecting up spark.

Checking all my connections will be my first order of business. Is there a possibility the controller is shutting down because I am pushing it too hard? Do you think a new controller is an order. I am thinking about repowering the whole bike to 72v with more powerful controller and 3000 Mxus 3t because many on this forum have said my 1500w mac is going to blow up with the 2000+ watts im pumping through it now. I hate to feel like the bike is unreliable right now.

Back