VECTOR frames; Good or crappy, like China frames ?

Dirt biker

100 mW
Are Vector frames good, are you 100% guaranteed to get a frame without geometry faults? or is it likely to be faulty like the china frames?
When I say geometry faults, I mean manufacturing errors, bolts and holes that doesnt line up with each other.

Also, does it take 26 in the back?

I can't speak for everyone, but my vector frame is fine. I am running 26" in the front and back which fits fine, but with the DNM USD-8A fork and burner RCP-2 rear shock, my bike is really tall. I'm 6' tall so it's just barely acceptable for me but the bike is way too big for shorter people.

Dirt biker ,

A important question in regards to the Vector frames
is
When are they going to make, and sell , a better swingarm/rear triangle for the
Vector Light Frame ?

People here on E.S. have written about some problems with that rear swing arm design / mgf. on the Light Frame .

So in other words the Light Frame with the swing arm from the other frames.

Addy said:
I can't speak for everyone, but my vector frame is fine. I am running 26" in the front and back which fits fine, but with the DNM USD-8A fork and burner RCP-2 rear shock, my bike is really tall. I'm 6' tall so it's just barely acceptable for me but the bike is way too big for shorter people.
Good to hear. One positive so far: )
When I say geometry faults, I mean manufacturing errors, bolts and holes that doesnt line up with each other.

The frame Im interested in is the Typhoon frame(the light frame was a real turn off for me, with the "Walmart style" triangle). I'm curious to see wether anyone have recieved faulty frames from them. If they have a mostly positive reputation, I'm very tempted to get one.

a lot of people have these Vector frames and ebikes.. most of their customers seem happy and Artur seems to provide good customer service..
its worth reading through these threads about Vector if you haven't already..

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=61259

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=68385

I really like mine. I had the rear shock issue where i had the mount in the wrong holes and geometry was off but its now fixed and rides nice. Im still working on getting a larger front sprocket to pedal faster. And this will also help with my feet hitting the rear swingarm while pedaling since it will require a longer bb spindle to clear. Overall it is a steel frame with a cheaper nut bolted swingarm. Ive owned a futr beta and they are similar imo. Futr beta is alot more and has a better overall finish.

Vector is good bike for price

Exactly why I have not bought a Light Frame, The Light Frames were on sale a few months ago, at a price that was competitive with the Chinese Frames
( em3ev.com ... the EEB frame )
If Artur can get the Light Frame fitted and shipped with the Typhoon Rear swingarm , at the price of/very near the price of the EEB frame , shipped.
I would prefer to buy LIght with Typhoon swingarm ... over the Chinese EEB Frame.

Don't know why it is taking him so long to do this ? ? ?

Dirt biker said:
The frame Im interested in is the Typhoon frame(the light frame was a real turn off for me, with the "Walmart style" triangle). I'm curious to see wether anyone have recieved faulty frames from them. If they have a mostly positive reputation, I'm very tempted to get one.

ScooterMan101 said:
Exactly why I have not bought a Light Frame, The Light Frames were on sale a few months ago, at a price that was competitive with the Chinese Frames
( em3ev.com ... the EEB frame )
If Artur can get the Light Frame fitted and shipped with the Typhoon Rear swingarm , at the price of/very near the price of the EEB frame , shipped.
I would prefer to buy LIght with Typhoon swingarm ... over the Chinese EEB Frame.

Don't know why it is taking him so long to do this ? ? ?

keep in mind that Vector is a distributor of these frames, not the manufacturer.. so Vector probably has somewhat limited influence over product development, etc..

skeetab5780 said:
I had the rear shock issue where i had the mount in the wrong holes and geometry was off but its now fixed and rides nice.
Vector is good bike for price

See, this is what I'm worried about, and this is the Vector your're taking about? not EEB?
You should'nt accept a faulty frame. When a product is not as advertised, the dealer/seller is at fault, and should correct the mistake, not the cutomer. The reason they continue to do this is because they can. Because they don't get any real pushback.

In my case (a Chinese EEB), I was stupid enough to let the frame sit for a while before I assembled it. What a BIG MISTAKE that was, the 30 day guarantee ran out and the chinese guys were slow waking the support, it took them more than one week to answer each question, and when they did they "did'nt understand the question" (me not undlstand the ploblem), so I had to explain everything in 10 different ways before they got it !

As to the notion that even considering the production errors, it is still a "good deal", A faulty frame that is potentially dangerous, is never a good deal, no matter what you paid for it. Period.

I put the frame together wrong...how is that a faulty frame. I bought a cheap pogo shock with a random length of 190mm i think. And guessed on shock mount. After one ride i noticed it had to be wrong. Got a dnm burner shock and moved the mount and now its good. I dont know how else i can describe this as not being the frames fault?

Vector lite is bike click link in my sig

skeetab5780 said:
I put the frame together wrong...how is that a faulty frame. I bought a cheap pogo shock with a random length of 190mm i think. And guessed on shock mount. After one ride i noticed it had to be wrong. Got a dnm burner shock and moved the mount and now its good. I dont know how else i can describe this as not being the frames fault?

Vector lite is bike click link in my sig

Okay, I see, I misinterpreted your answer :) By the way, really like your projects, I've seen all your threads already :) I'll write that down as another positive review then.

Ok excellent just didnt want you to get the wrong idea about what i was saying. Thx for checking my threads and please link a build thread of your own.

[/quote]

keep in mind that Vector is a distributor of these frames, not the manufacturer.. so Vector probably has somewhat limited influence over product development, etc..
[/quote]

What I really wanna know is whether Vector is a serious, higher quality brand as opposed to the chinese junk, or if you still run the risk of getting a faulty frame.

Dirt biker said:

What I really wanna know is whether Vector a serious, higher quality brand as opposed to the chinese junk, or if you still run the risk of getting a faulty frame.

I suppose there is always some risks when purchasing a product unseen.. but Artur at vector seems pretty responsive and willing to help resolve issues if they arise.. quality and service should be much better than china as poor quality or service would likely be posted on the forum and would not be good for vector business or reputation here as a trusted vendor ..

Dirt biker said:
so there's no hammering or bending required to assemble the frame?

Depends on which frame, I bought the vector light frame one of the older models and I had a bit of trouble getting the rear swingarm washers into place and lined up...but its completely doable with household hand tools for sure

So the frame was a little faulty after all... That makes me sceptical, I don't want to buy an "unfinished product"... Sounds too similar to the EEB, which was a f**king nightmare, when the swingarm finally seemed okay( after a lot of bending and hammering), the right hole on the lower shock mount did not match up with the other side, which made it impossible to fit the shock.

Another thing, seems like you have to use PAY PAL, and their website does'nt have "https" which makes it unsafe.

You can call it what you want, i still think its a great price for a good product. And unless your a little on the forrest gump side you should have no problem figuring out how to solve simple issues that can potentially save you thousands of dollars...But then again if your skeptical go buy a stealth for $10k should be no problem for your bank right? Thats why your on a forum complaining about a $500 steel DO It Yourself frame.

skeetab5780 said:
You can call it what you want, i still think its a great price for a good product. And unless your a little on the forrest gump side you should have no problem figuring out how to solve simple issues that can potentially save you thousands of dollars...But then again if your skeptical go buy a stealth for $10k should be no problem for your bank right? Thats why your on a forum complaining about a $500 steel DO It Yourself frame.
I bought a product and expected it to be as described and that makes me stupid? Also I didn't try to attack you or Vector bikes, I'm sure your bike is good, all I said was that I had a bad experience, and that makes me very caucious.

it is very frustrating when you get something shipped halfway around the world (you know even if the frame is 500 bucks you still have to pay shipping and taxes) and the shock mount is not welded correctly onto the swing arm, no hammering or bending can fix that easily.

Addy said:
It doesn't matter that the vector website doesn't have https, if you're using paypal you're being redirected to paypal's website. Also, you can use transferwise instead, which is how I paid for my vector frame.
Yeah, I guess that's right. By the way your frame did'nt require any hammering?

Dirt biker said:
Addy said:
It doesn't matter that the vector website doesn't have https, if you're using paypal you're being redirected to paypal's website. Also, you can use transferwise instead, which is how I paid for my vector frame.
Yeah, I guess that's right. By the way your frame did'nt require any hammering?

No, my frame fit together well. The only thing I had to do was file the rear dropouts a little bit wider so that my motor axle would fit. Perhaps the powder-coat paint was a little thick in that spot, or my motor was a little on the large side. Either way it was a minor issue, with the benefit that I could make the dropout just barely big enough so the motor axle fits in very snugly even before I tighten the dropout clamps.

Addy said:
No, my frame fit together well. The only thing I had to do was file the rear dropouts a little bit wider so that my motor axle would fit. Perhaps the powder-coat paint was a little thick in that spot, or my motor was a little on the large side. Either way it was a minor issue, with the benefit that I could make the dropout just barely big enough so the motor axle fits in very snugly even before I tighten the dropout clamps.
That sounds good. Which frame is it? Typhoon?

Dirt biker said:
Addy said:
That sounds good. Which frame is it? Typhoon?

Yes, the same frame as the Vector Typhoon.

Addy said:
Yes, the same frame as the Vector Typhoon.

Addy, could you describe what it was like to put the swing arm on? Does it have shims on both sides of the "tabs" on the swing arm or just on the outside?

Back