Kelly KBS... Does it have Auto identification

brumbrum

100 kW
I cant find anything in the user programming software, or on Kelly website. As far as i know the KLS sinewave series has it.
I am setting up the KBS and currently the motor is running backwards. Anyone know if the controller automatically corrects the hall signals leaving me to just swap the phase wires to get correct motor direction?

Any help or experience welcomed.

Hey,
doesn't the software has a "swap rotation" or "reverse" function?
If not than follow this chart:

Trouble-shooting_chart.jpg

Apparently there is a selectable option on the KBS series. Ive actually never tried it because i used rotational chart above to solve my issue.

Here is pic from my old thread showing option
tcBcrZ1yl4P_GMre0mpVQL0qoBqTd5LXues25PGBKcxiyEAoHpOM8LL0pbM_Oug-7SyehMnWqfoyXlMIoM7Nxbub3LWsAHBdS2kwzL0RM4WvEvZqa1Rntkk9qJ4flVLtqPF0xjqJ4GppYQbhGj0OhW2Yv-x4-wZgNHMRMqjOM1TReBaFwNPFvCjBtgcoCM42rMs-4ry0mBzhtTFw4eoeF577aB9Qep-Jyr7riAcu9V4C2JKdxc_2GN2T9c2z_cx1oaQuW-JEd16yETIex9FPax2XvNFdlChSeRQZnuL3mLuMAg9MgHDyLnwkbVDa6eFVynlFPjSiJFJlIDVmWW2wL_m3fseEqheYvOj3PBCtvl473qPqaQaI8_aJsIEtIrqfySBiVX7MNz4g9dYk0GstoJfUfsl7_Q1dRq03C0h_rwsd90LJjBYjv7NnSurXBNG_uPvkrkKN0pd6p8GX_hRImH_tDo3b33--Vbxhk-e_Ms4msqDwY3AU6kfHnbe5j0NIijxnshWx6VqhIPeK2RD37CXQjUk3k8JYepR1owA58z8KFZC66S-PYL8MFuh7KTUBD2veVFl4eprVphwVrnvi19v7MfU9FlpUpocplxoq8VwserFhVJR3=w885-h663-no

Thanks guys. I seem to have different software. I have a kbs72181E controller and the only software for it looks like this....
https://kellycontroller.com/KBS-Ehelp.php

It seems that other people have different user program, though I think there maybe a self identifying and reverse motor option as you have shown above. I will get back to you and let you know if it works

brumbrum said:
Thanks guys. I seem to have different software. I have a kbs72181E controller and the only software for it looks like this....

It seems that other people have different user program, though I think there maybe a self identifying and reverse motor option as you have shown above. I will get back to you and let you know if it works

Ya that link you posted shows the same options I have, with a few newer ones also. My program is run on the old XP version. Not sure if those options do what we are thinking they do... But they are there none the less

skeetab5780 said:
brumbrum said:

Ya that link you posted shows the same options I have, with a few newer ones also. My program is run on the old XP version. Not sure if those options do what we are thinking they do... But they are there none the less

I too am using xp to run the software.
At present i am just happy i managed to get the 3 blinking red LED's to go out and come back to green lol. Not a pleasant moment.

Apologies,, Yes i did get it all to work in the end on the auto identification. Though at first it kept throwing a red LED fault code. I unplugged the throttle cable and all was ok after the next try. Motor is now also running in forward direction lol!

Back