3 speed conection not working as it should

Get all your technical information about electric bikes here.
Minexplorer   1 µW

1 µW

3 speed conection not working as it should

Post by Minexplorer » May 18 2018 6:18pm

Hi.Im wondering if anyone can shed some light on this.Ive fitted a new controller that has a connector identified as three speed.All i have read says unused the bike will operate at a med speed. Joining the ground to one of the others will reduce the speed and to the other give a higher speed. However when testing with the wheel raised off the ground, i found BOTH reduced speed of the wheel considerably.Max rpm was if left unused. One wire is black ,marked GND on circuit board.The other two ,green/white and blue/white marked H1,H2 on the board.Thanks

amberwolf   100 GW

100 GW
Location: Phoenix, AZ, USA, Earth, Sol, Local Bubble, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group

Re: 3 speed conection not working as it should

Post by amberwolf » May 18 2018 7:53pm

depends on ho w the controller is programmed. some are setup so all are same setting, some so no connection is 100% and other two are lower settings, etc.

Sounds like yours is the latter.

Some controllersare programmabble by the user, bu msot of them are only done at the facctory.

Minexplorer   1 µW

1 µW

Re: 3 speed conection not working as it should

Post by Minexplorer » May 19 2018 3:30pm

Thanks amberwolf that explains it then.It must be the latter. Its getting up to 20mph left un connected ,so i am getting the full potential.