Feedback needed :) Mxus V3 3k ebike set up

kaning

1 mW
Hi all!
Im planning on adapting an old motobecane 40v and turn it into something like this, aesthetically. i will keep the pedals.
jEA9pm6.jpg

The purpose of this is to have a cool summer/urban transportation and push it a little bit sometimes. :lol: something "fast" but most important than that, with good torque. So, after a lot of reading and simulating i came up with this set up, tell me your opinion!!

Motor:
MXUS V3 3000W 4T

Battery:
Samsung 25R cell 2500 mAh 3,6v (8C 20A max continuous discharge)
20s5p - 12.5Ah, max continuous current:100A
OR (and probably better)
Samsung 30Q cell 3000mAh 3,6v (5C 15A max continuous discharge)
20s5p - 15Ah, max continuous current:75A

Controller:
Xie Chang 80A 36-72V Sine Wave Controller 18 fet 4110 (Infineon clone)
36-72V
Maximal Voltage 90 V
80 A Battery, 200 A Phase

Wheel:
Im using 20" inch rims and tires, but outer diameter with tire its 23'' inch. Am i wrong assuming the 23'' as wheel size?

Total weight will be 120-130kg

After using motor simulator i got this:
mF8BgPb.png

I used motor phase 90A because from what i've read stock wires starts heating with 96A and above. Is this right?
Anyway, i felt "disapointed". Max power output is the nominal of the motor.
New simulation where i used 82V, 80A, 120A phase.
Y5f5wpU.png

I think the second plot is more suited for what i want(obviously :b), where i can take more power out of the motor, from my calculations and plot information i will never reach the 80amp current draw but,
- Using 82 volts on that controller, because fully charged would go above the 90v maximal voltage
- Phase current of 120A on sotck phase wires. I know it requires some experiments to get the best phase current combination but for these phase current values should i change stock phase wires?
- Any tip for a more suitable controller(but with same features)? Tell me your thoughts! Thank you :) :) :)

Why do you want to use such a heavy frame? I might understand if you were going with a much more powerful motor and loading it up with batteries, but a small size battery and 3k motor would probably be better suited with a much lighter full suspension downhill bike or something. Or are you planning on keeping and using the gas motor too?

Hi,
The original bike is 40kg. I'm assuming it will be a lot lighter without motor and exhaust etc but i get your point. Only aesthetic reasons, anyway i think the weight will not be over 130 kgs. but maybe it will, cant be very accurate about that this point but simulating for 150kg the values don't change that much.

All that weight is going to slow you down considerably and drain battery power. If there is a reason you want more weight then maybe it is worthwhile, but the money you save on carrying less battery power alone will pay to buy a used downhill bike. Actually I just noticed that does not have rear shocks either. A hardtail or fs bike will be much more efficient, and have you ever tried pedaling one of those? I used to have a puch moped and although having pedals trying to get somewhere by pedaling it alone was not an option - and I was a teenager then :)

Ahah you are right, im thinking of using PAS system so pedaling will be assisted. i will have pedals for law reasons, i will not need documents as its a bike assisted with motor.
For higher power motor, i would need a bigger battery and controller(more expensive), with this set up im getting only 3800w peak power and 2400 nominal at max speed (in theory). battery wise, i could get something like 3000 mAh and 15A max discharge.(15Ah 75 max discharge) maybe its better option actualy.

Back