octopus

1 µW
Hello guys,

greetings from Italy!
I'm writing here because i just finished banging my head to the wall :(

Working previous setup

BATTERY 16s5p - Samsung 25R
MOTOR Heinzmann Hub DirectPOwer
CONTROLLER Generic chinese 20A, working with prevous bafang BPM and the Heinzmann
THROTTLE 3-pin (standard? 0.8-3.6V output)

------ ...SO I DECIDED TO UPDRAGE -----

New controller from YuYang King
QSYK7250J with bluetooth

1) Can't get it connected with phone with the provided APP, because it crashes as soon as motor is connected, but found a Cyclone app that connect and works.

But the main problem is that the motor won't move an inch, when I give throttle :(

I've connected

Main + Battery
Main - Battery
Door Switch to + Battery
-----
Throttle - With tested variable voltage on green signal cable
-----
3 Motor phases (checked the junction with no resistance from controller to the motor plug
-----
Also all Hall cables

At this point i can get the motor connected, it can also monitor speed if i run the wheel by hand!
But for the rest is very dead :(

My suspect is that there is another lock to jumper or something similar.
Any experience?

SENSORLESS MODE CONNECTION
Screenshot_2018_05_24_22_04_48.png

SENSORED MODE CONNECTION
Screenshot_2018_05_24_14_26_56.png

Here there is the manual
http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=94718327357137741947

Plase any help will be appreciated.
I really don't want to belive they sent me a brick controller :(

Bye!
Mauro

So ''hall fault'' either means Motor halls or throttle hall sensor. Did you check the throttle wires? try switching the negative with the signal wire. Keep red on red, because if you mess up with the positive wire you will burn the sensor.

There is no law in China that says all the Phase and Hall wires must use the same colors. especially where going from one budget genaric controller to another.
You might want to look thru this thread;
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=19446
Although I have never heard of that brand controller, so I doubt it's in the archives.
There are 64 different combos.
I make a chart and start w/ the phase wires. Usually, the hall colors match the phase colors.

motomech said:
There is no law in China that says all the Phase and Hall wires must use the same colors. especially where going from one budget genaric controller to another.
Although I have never heard of that brand controller, so I doubt it's in the archives.
I make a chart and start w/ the phase wires. Usually, the hall colors match the phase colors.

The controller has the ability to auto identify the right combo.

Hello Guys, thanks for replies.

As last resort, i swapped the green/black wires on the throttle, didn't work.
Then i also tried with an almost uncharged 18650 cell to create 2V between green/black throttle signal, didn't work.

I have to try the iOS application but i don't have any apple device now.

If throttle is not connected i will have a 'Accellerator fault' message, different from 'Hall fault'

I've tried all 6 phase combination (sensorless mode) not even a noise, un plugging power every time.
I also opened up the controller to see if something clearly was broken or a fuse. Because the external frame was damaged when delivered.
I paid almost 150€ wshipping+customs for this unusable controller... i feel sadness inside! Opened a claim with paypal for non working item, pheraphs i will have a reply from vedor aftersales.

Next time some more reliable model and vendor.

:(

Little update, small improvement but useless.

If i set my phone (huawei nova young) language to Mandarin Chinese, it will not crash as soon as motor is connected via bluetooth.
I can now navigate into all menus and functions.

Still no reaction with gas applied. :(

I'm going to buy a new controller and try to have a refund for that brick with wires coming out...

Is it possibile that a shortage between gas cables can damage the controller permanentlly? That is the only cause i can think off, other than a faulty break switch.

Trying to wake this tread to live again 😊

Did you sort out the problem with the controller.?

I am asking because i just bought a yuyang King controller, and I am having the exact same problem.

Hey all,
Posting to this thread instead of new one for other yuyangking owners.

I got mine all hooked up, at first it was noisy and slow, so I swapped the green and blue hall and phase wires and now it APPEARS to operate normally, but tops put at exactly 40 mph, which is ot only well below capabilities, it's also a very suspiciously round number, but I can't find the problem. The speed limit is turned off in the app, and as far as I know there are no wires that control that so I'm at a loss. Any help much appreciated!

Could it still be a matter of phase/hall combos? Doesnt seem like it but I don't know.

theloadedquestion said:
Hey all,
Posting to this thread instead of new one for other yuyangking owners.

I got mine all hooked up, at first it was noisy and slow, so I swapped the green and blue hall and phase wires and now it APPEARS to operate normally, but tops put at exactly 40 mph, which is ot only well below capabilities, it's also a very suspiciously round number, but I can't find the problem. The speed limit is turned off in the app, and as far as I know there are no wires that control that so I'm at a loss. Any help much appreciated!

Could it still be a matter of phase/hall combos? Doesnt seem like it but I don't know.

Does your motor get warm? More than it should? Do you have reverse direction turned on?

Nope doesnt get warm as far as I can tell, but I havent even put it under load yet because I've been trying to solve this issue, so I wouldn't expect it to get warm from the short, no load tests I've done. The motor spins smoothly and quietly, and quickly accelerates up to 25 mph, but as soon as it hits that it goes no further. To me suggesting it's an artificial speed limit. However, ive ridden store bought ebikes that are regulated to 20 mph and with those you can actually feel the power cut out when it gets to the imposed limit, and I don't think that is happening here, although it's hard to tell with a no load test. Might have to take it for a spin as is, with watt meter attached, and see what's what.

theloadedquestion said:
Nope doesnt get warm as far as I can tell, but I havent even put it under load yet because I've been trying to solve this issue, so I wouldn't expect it to get warm from the short, no load tests I've done. The motor spins smoothly and quietly, and quickly accelerates up to 25 mph, but as soon as it hits that it goes no further. To me suggesting it's an artificial speed limit. However, ive ridden store bought ebikes that are regulated to 20 mph and with those you can actually feel the power cut out when it gets to the imposed limit, and I don't think that is happening here, although it's hard to tell with a no load test. Might have to take it for a spin as is, with watt meter attached, and see what's what.

You have the app installed? You didn't answer about the reverse direction question.

Upload a pic of the dashboard. Also you might need to turn on location for the app to find the controller.

Tommm said:
theloadedquestion said:

You have the app installed? You didn't answer about the reverse direction question.

Upload a pic of the dashboard. Also you might need to turn on location for the app to find the controller.

Hey man,
Thanks a ton for your responses and attempt to help, much appreciated! I actually solved the problem, it was simply a calibration issue, which I caught by switching up pack voltage, which changed the top speed, which told me it wasn't an artificial speed limit. After calibration it tops put at 56 mph, which I think is also wrong, but that's okay, as long as I'm getting all the power on tap I don't care what the speedo reads. Cheers!

theloadedquestion said:
Tommm said:
theloadedquestion said:

Hey man,
Thanks a ton for your responses and attempt to help, much appreciated! I actually solved the problem, it was simply a calibration issue, which I caught by switching up pack voltage, which changed the top speed, which told me it wasn't an artificial speed limit. After calibration it tops put at 56 mph, which I think is also wrong, but that's okay, as long as I'm getting all the power on tap I don't care what the speedo reads. Cheers!

You can turn on high speed in the app and bridge the two wires on the 3 speed connector (verify on dashboard). Then you will have phase weakening for an even higher top speed.

eee291 said:
motomech said:

The controller has the ability to auto identify the right combo.

No, it definitely does not have the ability to auto identify the right combo.

Hi all
I am about to order a Yuyang King YKZ7280JA controller for my self-made kart, but have struggled to find any recent information on whether there is a solution to the Yuyangking Android App not being in English. There are downloadable .apk files which install on a new Android 11 phone, but despite switching the language in the App to English, it remains Chinese. Has anybody been able to overcome/solve this language problem? Why isn't the developer spending a few hours on a programmer to fix this issue? Is this a sign of discontinuation of the Controller or Bluetooth app functionality. Any pointers or insights would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

I expect that few of their customers need English (or other languages than Chinese), so they wouldn't have much incentive to make an English version--they probably don't even see it as a problem to fix.

Most of the documentation and software (what little exists of either) for most of this type of hardware isn't translated well or at all, from any of the companies.

The best I could suggest is to use the various image translation apps and websites to translate screenshots of whatever you need to read. It won't be perfect, but it may get you started.

Back