Have I damaged my cycle analyst?

Lachymx

100 µW
Hi

Just got my first cycle analyst v3, wired it up to a generic Chinese controller and unfortunately made a silly mistake with the connector orientation when wiring the Dp connector to my controller.

I essentially wired the connector upside down, pin 1 actually was pin 6, pin 2 was pin 5, etc

Plugged it in for 2 seconds and realised my mistake, fixed the connector and now the cycle analyst boots up, speed, volts, watts, amps all seem to work fine however I can't seem to get the throttle to work. The throttle display on the main screen moves up and down fine. Also on the diagnostic screen the throttle in and throttle out display normal voltages within the range you would expect.

Connecting the throttle to the controller directly works fine. Is there a way I can check the output voltage on the throttle override wire coming from the cycle analyst with a multimeter?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180607-211028.png
    Screenshot_20180607-211028.png
    264.3 KB · Views: 1,084
Yep - you took out the ThrO half of dual op amp U1 (MCP6002):

CA Th Out Schema.gif

You can contact Grin about a repair or if you have demonstrated SMD technician skills, request a couple of replacement parts so you can DIY.

CA_Pad+Trace_Layout -U1.png

Thanks heap for the detailed info, I can replace the smd parts easily enough. I just don't have enough understanding to determine what I've damaged confidently.

I have opened up the CA, I can see r18 is toast, and I assume the op amp is also toast. Is anything else likely to be damaged or should I start with just replacing those two components.

Attachments

• 20180607_233057-756x1008.jpg
    20180607_233057-756x1008.jpg
    210.5 KB · Views: 1,059
Lachymx said:
I have opened up the CA, I can see r18 is toast, and I assume the op amp is also toast. Is anything else likely to be damaged or should I start with just replacing those two components.
You paid for Tech Support when you bought the device.
Use it.
Grin has experience with every CA mishap you can imagine and can give you guidance on potential issues and repair options.

For anyone that makes the same mistake, I Tested the outputs from the op amp with a multimeter and saw the throttle signal was okay, replaced R18 and everything it working great.

Hi long time reader first time poster i know this is an older thread but i have done the same as this guy did with the dp connection and now my current and regen displays are going haywire can anyone help with any info that may help me to find out whats wrong i cant see anything that looks like its burnt inside and im struggling to find a circuit diagrams for it please any help would be appreciated

Back