KT lcd5 display 03 error code

eCue

10 kW
The components are a 350w mxus powered via a KT 22A z version controller with lcd5 display on 48v limited to 15A via the controller for the batteries max rating.

The problem
Lately have been having motor shut offs after riding at slower speeds on grade strange thing is its never happened on the same routes until recently now its been happening about once a ride.

Behavior
Once the motor kicks out it will reengage when a fresh application of throttle is used then it cuts out moments later until it just stops restarting.
After the bike sits for 15 minutes it restarts and drives as normal.

Error code 03 shows on the display after the motor shuts down then it disappears , the manual writes error code 03 is a Hall sensor abnormality.
Likely the hall sensor is overheating when under the slower speed load

Good thing is motor is running smooth and seems to be syncing up fine so nothing blown (yet) although maybe its on its way out. ..

Has anyone been threw this scenario to know if I have likely damaged the motor ?

max watts threw was 750w on the 350w motor
```````
``

I had found the max amp setting was accidentally set at 17.6 amp / 900 watts up from the 14.7 amp / 750 watts I thought it was on. Likely it over heated on a hill.

The motor cut out is now happening after a short ride on level ground. I suspect the hall wires have overheated causing them to short out when power is applied.
The motor runs smooth quiet then the motor cut outs 3 or 4 times then flashes its 03 hall error code then stops.
The controller does not have a sensorless mode so I will pick up a sine wave controller and run it in sensorless if need be.

If its not the Halls its the controller so should be fixed with a new controller thinking & hoping anyways.

Back