Battery Terminal Adapter For Pedego 48v/17 Ah

RoadGoddess

1 µW
Hello!

I purchased a Pedego Stretch ebike a few months ago with a 48v / 17 Ah battery. I'd like to extend the range by taking along a second battery, but am a bit averse to shelling out $1300 US for the OEM unit. I see a number of similar capacity packs in the $600-$800 range that would easily mount to my cargo rack, but I don't see any with the four blade style battery terminal that I would need to plug the battery into the existing terminal. Is there such a thing as an "terminal adapter cable" (for want of a better term) for such an application?

Thanks!
Angie

If the battery has the blades on it, rather than slots for them, you could make your own blades out of brass strip (or copper), and either 3d-print a holder for them or make one from strips of wood, plastic, or other insulating material, glued together to secure the blades in the right spacing and positions, that can then be bolted to your new battery case.

If the battery has the slots instead of blades on it, you could still use copper or brass strips to make the clips in the slots, and make the holder as above (it's just not as simple).

Alternately, if you're willing to open up the casing the battery plugs into on the bike, you could install a different plug on it, on the top or side of the casing, leaving the original in place for the original battery.

With this option, you could even parallel both batteries at the same time, strapping the new one down on top of the original, as long as they are both the same charge state and number of cells in series, and chemistry, as they'll be the same voltage.

That would make it easier on both of the packs, as each only has to handle half the load it would by itself.

Back