Sabvaton 72200 Controller with CA 3 - Need Help!

shakey

1 µW
Need some help!! I have a 5000w enduro bike - brought from China. I wanted to upgrade my controller and display so took the plunge and bought a sabvoton 72200 controller (200 amp - 30 mosfets) - with CA 3 connector cable wired in at factory - and a cycle analyst v3. Great gear but I did not realise just how difficult it is for me to get them working together. I've tried for a couple of days doing everything I know - i'm a novice also - from the variation of phase and hall wires to even trying different 5000w wheels.

I've also run the Hall Sensor test in the sabvoton software and the wheel hub start to go through the test - it rotates very slowly during the test. However, it never seems to complete the test (even after 10 minutes) and ultimately I'm still left with a wheel that at best just locks up when I try the throttle.

Battery is 72v with BMS built in - 84v charge cutoff; 150a instantaneous max discharge

Hoping someone out there will be kind enough to help me tackle this.

First, leave the CA off entirely, or at least only connect the shunt and power wires (no throttle, brake, speedo, etc) until you have a setup that appears to work correctly, so that it's limiting/etc functions cant' be causing you issues.

Second, you can manually setup the hall/phase combo, by going to the thread for Determining the Wiring for a Brushless Motor and performing the steps to test the various combinations, until you get one that works. If you do have the CA hooked up to monitor current, then you can use it to make sure the combo is right by the low current.

If there is no "right" combo, then something is broken. Either a hall sensor is bad, or the connection between halls and controller is not good enough (backed out contacts, broken wires, etc). It's unlikely to be a phase connection issue, but could be that too. Could just be an incompatible or defective controller. If the motors all work with the other controller, but not with the new one, then it's probably the new controller causing the problem.

Third, when you do get the controller/motor working, you can then go to the Grin product info page for the CAv3, and scroll down to the section that links to the Unofficial Users Guide by Teklektik, which has a step by step of ensuring it's all wired up right and that all the menus and settings are correctly set for what you need it to do.

shakey said:
Need some help!! I have a 5000w enduro bike - brought from China. I wanted to upgrade my controller and display so took the plunge and bought a sabvoton 72200 controller (200 amp - 30 mosfets) - with CA 3 connector cable wired in at factory - and a cycle analyst v3. Great gear but I did not realise just how difficult it is for me to get them working together. I've tried for a couple of days doing everything I know - i'm a novice also - from the variation of phase and hall wires to even trying different 5000w wheels.

I've also run the Hall Sensor test in the sabvoton software and the wheel hub start to go through the test - it rotates very slowly during the test. However, it never seems to complete the test (even after 10 minutes) and ultimately I'm still left with a wheel that at best just locks up when I try the throttle.

Battery is 72v with BMS built in - 84v charge cutoff; 150a instantaneous max discharge

Hoping someone out there will be kind enough to help me tackle this.

Did you ever figure this problem out?? I ma in the same situation with a Kelly Controller & a QS205 motor. I am not requesting they send me a Sabvaton but it sounds like I might have the same problem. I feel like my issue is the 70amp max discharge on my 72-84v 18650 pack is preventing it from going through the initializing process for the motor and controller to sync up. Let me know if you have gotten to the bottom of it. Thank you, Patrick

Back