Pedal assist to a throttle

Cazandjular

10 µW
Hi I have a falcon spark comfort electric mountain bike. It is pedal assisted can I put a throttle on to it.
Any advice on the issue would be great thank you
Caz

What controller does the bike have?

If you post up some pics of the controller and the wires coming out of it then it may be possible to determine if a throttle can be added or not.

Is it this bike?

http://falconcycles.co.uk/product/falcon-spark-26-wheel-mens-electric-ht-mountain-bike/

If so the controller is probably under the battery box.

Cazandjular said:
Can anyone help me solve this pedal throttle issue
Post some pictures of the cabling coming out of the controller. Pay special attention to "unconnected" cables you see.

If you can't do that we probably can't help you.

Cazandjular said:
Can anyone help me solve this pedal throttle issue

What Billvon said.

All off the shelf ebikes are slightly different and there are a lot of them out there. There is no information about your bike in the wild so you are likely breaking new ground modding that bike. There is a chance the controller is based on a reasonably generic one and it does have functionality not utilized by the bike manufacturer but no one will know unless they can see what wires are coming out of the controller.

When typing a post click on the attachments tab below the text box and choose the photo you want to attach. It has to be small though so you might have to reduce its size. You can use a photo compress app to do this on your phone and compress it to below 1MB.

Back