Connecting 1500w Leaf Motor to Sabvoton Controller

Macscroge

100 µW
Hi guys,

I have a 1500w leaf motor that I am trying to connect to a sabvoton controller( ssc48150) , I'm not sure in what order to connect the hall effect sensors.

The motor has six sensor wires (Red, black, green, blue, yellow, white) , The controller has 5 (Red, black, green, blue, yellow).

I tried connecting them to their corresponding colours, the motor whines but does not move. Does anyone know the correct order to connect them? OR the process for determining the correct wires? I'm a bit worried I might fry something if I just try the different combinations.

I have the power wires connected in the following order Yellow -> U , Blue -> V , Green -> W

Thanks for any help,

Conor

The white wire is a Temperature sensor.

I think this goes without saying, but the Red and Black wires should not be switched around.

You can let the Controller do the Hall self identifying if you have the Pc programm and the USB cable.

If you can't programm it, then you'll have to do it the hard way.

Thanks for the reply.

Okay thanks. I have the app, I tried doing the hall angle calibration test the other day, the motor whined but nothing seem to happen and it didn't finish.

are you saying the ordering of the blue, yellow and green wires doesn't matter and the controller will reconfigure them to match? Or should I try different combinations of them?

If the Controller can't auto identify, then it might mean that the connection is faulty or maybe the hall sensors are broken, before messing around with wire combinations, you might want to measure the hall sensors first.

You can probably measure the hall sensors without even disconnecting the Controller.

Make sure the Controller is powered on first of all, so it supplies a voltage to the Hall sensors.

Then you have to measure the Voltage (on the Hall sensor connector) between ground and yellow,green,blue. They should all turn on and off (ie. they should switch between 0V and 5V or a higher Voltage, depends on your Controller).

Also have someone turn the hub motor for you while measuring.

But if you are confident that the hall sensors are working, then you can try the 36 different combinations. :)

Update:

Everything working, I got a bluetooth adapter(from here https://www.cloudsto.com/store/andy...-adapter-for-sabvoton-controllers-detail.html and that worked perfectly. The cable that was sent with the controller must have been RS232.
The newer controllers use RS485 (marked with an M in the model number).

When you're calibrating the hall sensors through the app make sure you change the motor amperage manually or nothing will happen. I set mine to 10A. The app is on the android store, under 'MQCON'.

Hope that helps someone :) .

Back