Ezee Expedir (Alfine) - configuring/programming

Hayds13

1 W
My friend has a new Ezee Expedir (Alfine) and is having trouble with the speedometer display. They’ve taken it back to the shop a few times. But still not fixed.

Has anyone got the service manual for this bike? Anything on configuring the display or programming the controller? (All the links online seem to be broken). Or any other helpful links?

I’m also interested to see if the speed limit can be increased…

Thanks!
Hayden

You don't describe the actual speedo problem, so we can't offer any specific help, but:

Speedo problems are almost always either magnet placement vs sensor position/distance issues, or connection problems between sensor and detection/display equipment.

If the speedo sensor is part of the motor itself, then except for a few exceptions, a problem with the sensor itself would also cause problems with motor operation, as it usually uses one of the phases' hall sensors.

Some of the geared hubs have a separate speedo sensor inside, like my bigger Fusin (though my geared Ezee v1 does not).

Speed limits are usually in the controller. Some of them have a limiter wire pair that sets ti to limit or non limit mode. Some are programmable or alterable in screen settings. Some can't be changed at all, without hacking them (like by adding electronics to divide the speedo signal by half or whatever ratio, fooling the bike into thinking it's slower than it actually is--but these hacks also change the speedo display to the slower speed, so you have to mentally multiply the number there to get the real speed, or use an external bike speedo for the actual speed. )

Thanks Amberwolf! I Finally got a chance to take a look at the bike in person. Turns out the LBS fixed the speedo issue with a firmware update.

A second issue was the bike stopped powering at 20km/h. Turns out the bike had a slow wind motor (not sure how many turns). The solution was for the LBS to replace the hub/wheel free of charge. Now cuts out at around 30km/h. Happy Owner :)

Back