EEB parts and support info

I like this frame a lot but getting parts like new plastic does not look like any one carries them
my thoughts for this thread is to put together a spot where their is info on where to get parts and
support if any one has any info fell free to add it here
eeb frameb.jpg

Kick stand sorce
You can get the stand from EM3 or alex press but be aware they are not a bolt up
they will require some frame modification to make them work
HTB1ycIvSFXXXXcJXVXXq6xXFXXX1.jpg

Dudes here is the EEB kick stand fix
From what I can see the plate that the base nut for the kick stand is welded to is 180 degrees off
this is a manufacturing error, if the plate was mounted right the kick stand that you buy
for the EEB or any one else would fit
On the kick stand it self you must drill out the threads and allow the bolt, (10mm) to slide through the kick stand
and thread into the nut welded to the frame
When EEB figures this out there wont be any issues with the kick stand
If any one from EEB would like to thank me just send me a new white EEB frame and we can call it even
also a old stock EEB with the kick stand nut mounted wrong will be ok as I can modify it to work
buda bing buda boom GWkick stand mod.jpgksm2.jpgeebks3.jpg

Thanks Green Werks, handy thread since I'm currently in the process of building my EEB, so I'm gonna have the same issue when I go to install my kick stand by the looks of it?

eeb.jpg

I love this frame and i'm very intrested in buying one. I have a couple concerns though; maybe you guys can help me out?

The front fork isn't pre-installed, i've never done this and i have no clue how this is done. Can this be done with some simple tools and do i need a specific combination of frame and front fork to make this work? Any reccomendations for a front fork?

Second is that i'm mainly buying this for the motor mounting. I'm currently using an e-bake frame and i've used it for a good 2+ years now. I first used it with a 1000w hub motor with regen, without special hardened steel lockers i wasnt able to prevent the nuts from comming loose in the mount. I now have a 5000 watt motor mounted with a 150 amp sabvoton controller and i still need to find a proper way to mount it. Buying this frame would provide a better mounting option for the motor, but is it enough to withstand a 5000w hub motor regenerating with 70A+?

Thanks,

Tim

I hadn't installed a front fork before either but once I figured out which order the parts went it was very simple, I watched some youtube vids on headset spacers which you'll need and also hammering in the star nut, all easy stuff once you've seen the process. I went with the DNM USD-8 forks but there's plenty of other suggestions on the forums on better but more expensive forks.

There's people running some pretty powerful systems through these frames, I don't think you'll have any problems with your setup on this frame.

harmonist said:
Thanks Green Werks, handy thread since I'm currently in the process of building my EEB, so I'm gonna have the same issue when I go to install my kick stand by the looks of it?

eeb.jpg
welcome to parts and support I figured we all could help each other out
I love the white frame

HomeScape Tim what 5000w motor are you going to run
The front forks dnm usd8 are very cool and the price is right
I use my bike for commuting sport riding and some plain old fashion sneaking around.
The EEB is awesome for that
If you are going to jump it who is to say how long they will last before the bushings get trashed along with the seals.
I don't jump my bike I'm a old man and my jumping days are over
so I can only speak for what I use them for
The install is easy and no special tools needed allen wrench pretty much does it
If you hit a snag hit me up and I can talk you through it
As I can see it the dude for the fork and the frame is Chris from CAB Motor Works
he sells them on ebay, forks 325 shipped and 490 for the frame shipped that's the cheapest that I have found
he only has the frame in black and the forks don't have the decals bling on them they are just straight up black
I am not pimping him I just found he had the best prices and he is on it ships fast
As far as the motor mounts they are strong I hit my motor on occasion with 6000 watts and it is haingen and baingeg
I don't have torque arms and I don't run regen keep that in mind
Good luck with your build It is truly a great little bike

Green Werks asked me to post a little here so for what it's worth here we go.
GW bought a set of forks and raved abuot them so much I bought a set and figured I would put them on a Luna cargo frame I have. Then the next thing you know he buys an EEB and carries on about that. I kept telling myself NO DON'T BUY. Then I went for a ride in a local state forest and I ordered a Vector Typhoon with a fatbike swingarm. You see we are having a sort of arms race going on.

My Vector frame has two drilled holes so it looks like the EEB kickstand will get the nod.

View attachment 4

I got the fork from the same source as GW and today I decided to fit a few parts to it to make sure everything was lining up.

WP_20180717_18_37_50_Pro.jpg

Here is a top view.

View attachment 2

Here is a better shot of the rotors and calipers.

WP_20180717_18_39_01_Pro.jpg

Finally a shot of the master cylinder/hand brake.

I realized that to install the wheel I will have to remove one or maybe both calipers. For better or worst I decided to use motorcycle rims. I got a 21" for the front and a 19 for the rear. That hub will be laced with Sapim Strong spokes and oversized nipples from Holmes' Hobbies. The front hub is drilled for 13 gauge spokes so when I found a set of 13/14 gauge single butted spokes laying around that just happened to fit I was good to go. The front will have an Avon ribbed Speedmaster Mark II and the rear will eventually get a Dunlop K81 TT100. I am having 40 year old flash backs to my Norton days. If those tires don't work out Shinko 241's or 244's will get the nod...………...calfee

calfeetwenty said:
GW bought a set of forks and raved abuot them so much I bought a set and figured I would put them on a Luna cargo frame I have. Then the next thing you know he buys an EEB and carries on about that. I kept telling myself NO DON'T BUY. Then I went for a ride in a local state forest and I ordered a Vector Typhoon with a fatbike swingarm. You see we are having a sort of arms race going on.

My Vector frame has two drilled holes so it looks like the EEB kickstand will get the nod.

WP_20180716_13_55_45_Pro.jpg

I got the fork from the same source as GW and today I decided to fit a few parts to it to make sure everything was lining up.

Here is a top view.

WP_20180717_18_38_38_Pro.jpg

WP_20180717_18_39_22_Pro.jpg

I realized that to install the wheel I will have to remove one or maybe both calipers. For better or worst I decided to use motorcycle rims. I got a 21" for the front and a 19 for the rear. That hub will be laced with Sapim Strong spokes and oversized nipples from Holmes' Hobbies. The front hub is drilled for 13 gauge spokes so when I found a set of 13/14 gauge single butted spokes laying around that just happened to fit I was good to go. The front will have an Avon ribbed Speedmaster Mark II and the rear will eventually get a Dunlop K81 TT100. I am having 40 year old flash backs to my Norton days. If those tires don't work out Shinko 241's or 244's will get the nod...………...calfee

What fork and hub are those? I think for my next build I want to try out dual front discs.

It is a DNM USD-8, and the hub is available through vectorebike.com

I'm interested in wiring an on/off key switch and charging port somewhere on the frame, can anyone recommend somewhere to get some parts to do that?

Cheers

Maybe these parts would do the job?

Key switch http://www.ebikes.ca/shop/electric-bicycle-parts/battery-accessories/keyswitch.html
XLR jack? http://www.ebikes.ca/shop/electric-bicycle-parts/connectors/xlr-panel.html

harmonist said:
Maybe these parts would do the job?

Key switch http://www.ebikes.ca/shop/electric-bicycle-parts/battery-accessories/keyswitch.html
XLR jack? http://www.ebikes.ca/shop/electric-bicycle-parts/connectors/xlr-panel.html
Those parts will work for sure

Calfeetwenty
Thanks for posting up the shots of the front end and your awesome brake system
throw up some shots of the rear 4 pot caliber so we can all lust over your brakes
I thought the arms race was cooling down but now I have Brake envy
That is a proper brake system for the Hi powered endure bike's

FYI
If you make your own battery mounts
A 20s 10p 72v 18650 battery will fit
This battery has a100amp BMS with 200 Samsung 30Q cells
It can be had from West Coast Electric Cycles (Barent) member here
Great dude straight up and on top of his game

On the EEB about the biggest front sprocket that you can run with out hitting the plastic is a 44
your are not going to be able to peddle much at all after 15 mph

Green Werks said:
HomeScape Tim what 5000w motor are you going to run
The front forks dnm usd8 are very cool and the price is right
I use my bike for commuting sport riding and some plain old fashion sneaking around.
The EEB is awesome for that
If you are going to jump it who is to say how long they will last before the bushings get trashed along with the seals.
I don't jump my bike I'm a old man and my jumping days are over
so I can only speak for what I use them for
The install is easy and no special tools needed allen wrench pretty much does it
If you hit a snag hit me up and I can talk you through it
As I can see it the dude for the fork and the frame is Chris from CAB Motor Works
he sells them on ebay, forks 325 shipped and 490 for the frame shipped that's the cheapest that I have found
he only has the frame in black and the forks don't have the decals bling on them they are just straight up black
I am not pimping him I just found he had the best prices and he is on it ships fast
As far as the motor mounts they are strong I hit my motor on occasion with 6000 watts and it is haingen and baingeg
I don't have torque arms and I don't run regen keep that in mind
Good luck with your build It is truly a great little bike

Hey thanks for the info! I'm running a 5000w motor from C & N (aliexpress). I'm planning to buy the whole kit from the seller and he's paying for import, so buying from Chris would most likely be more expensive for me at this point..

I'm not planning on jumping a lot, i'd just feel safer with a proper frame that is made for a 5000w+ motor instead of an ex-e-bike frame made for a legal 250w motor.

I'll post here if i'm gonna start the build, i might leave it for what it is another month as im currently moving houses and 1.6k euros could be spend elsewere at this point.

Tim

That is a great looking battery
what is it
It has two out puts are you running two batteries in parallel
how many volts and amp hours and how many amps continuous
If we may ask

Any one have a need for a moto seat
I have a new one that I will sell for 140.00 shipped to the USAMS1-3T.jpg

My "2 cents" about making eeb kickstand work. Without ordering 1 meter long bottom-bracket :lol:
WeChat Image_20180816225609 (Large).jpg
Starting position.. Not even close :roll:

WeChat Image_20180816225541 (Large).jpg
After drilling hole and mounting the stand closer to frame it would still require very long BB. Mine is not original but you can see it cant fit..

WeChat Image_20180816231257.jpg
I wanted to modify geometry of the kickstand to line it in better position. I used some plastic that was around. About 5 mm thick piece epoxied to reduce movement.

View attachment 1
After turning the whole thing from the mounting bolt it lines perfectly in my opinion. Now it sits little bit under the swing-arm and clears tire and cranks!

WeChat Image_20180816225204 (Large).jpg
And for last some plastic cutting to make bottom panel fit 8)

Hello! New builder here that hopes he will have an qulbix 76 next summer.
I'm looking at front forks now and honestly I don't know what to get. My first tought was to get a set of dnm usd 8s since many uses them and they are not that expencive. But then someone told me not to buy them.
So now I'm looking at other options.
Any recommendation here? I've got 4-600€ to spend on the forks. Would like 150-200 mm travel.
I'm 75 kg and my build would probably end up close to 50 kg..

Riding style would mostly be off road. Like trails and sand driving. (65% off road and 35 % pavement.. . Not really into making big jumps but the forks need to handel smaller bumps and jumps without issues...

Any suggestion would be appreciated

calfeetwenty said:

WP_20180716_13_55_45_Pro.jpg

Here is a top view.

WP_20180717_18_38_38_Pro.jpg

WP_20180717_18_39_22_Pro.jpg

Curious for an update? I have those forks coming and am curious how the dual calipers work at the master? Is there a “T” or proportioning valve somewhere?

Nice build!

Back