Programming bluetooth controller - HELP!

mammonista

10 W
Hey everybody,
Bought one of the Bluetooth programmable controllers (Yuyangking) for my Cyclone 3000 mid-drive. So I have the thing all wired up but instructions on programming and operation are almost non-existent. Yep, there's a 5-minute-long YouTube video but it's pretty much worthless. Ditto a 4-page PDF supplied by Yuyankking (and Cyclone). Part of the problem is both seem to have been prepared by someone with less than a good understanding of the English language. :)
Anybody out there have a better guide?
Anybody?
much thanks,
Mark

Hi. I am in the process of finishing my build with a cyclone kit (4kW) with the Bluetooth controller (fixing details now). I agree that the available info is limited, but once it was wired and synchronized with my iPhone everything was quite straightforward... What is your issue?

well there were two issues with the stock controller that Luna shipped with the Cyclone 3k mid drive kit.
1) the throttle 'start' came about 1/16th of a turn from full 'off', i.e. twisting the throttle from a 'dead stop' (off) power to the motor didn't come until maybe 10 to 15 degrees of twist. that made riding a single track hazardous at low speeds.
2) the throttle was more of an 'on/off' switch than anything else, delivering maybe 20% of the power to the rear wheel almost immediately! Once again kinda scary for any kind of technical riding.
So I bought the Bluetooth programmable controller directly from Cyclone (Luna was out and couldn't give me a firm idea on when they might have more) but the controller came with no 'owners manual' on how to configure. After downloading their android Ap (Yuyangking - who actually makes the controller) on my Samsung S8, I'm not even sure it's linking up to the controller. But assuming it is... the 4 pages of pdf instructions give no directions as to how to 'adjust accelerator curse' (I'm not kidding here - curse!) simply an on/off option. I have no idea what 'fast start' or 'slow start'.
I'm at wits end.
And trying to decipher the Chinese-English translation is maddening.

I suggest you to get connected to the BT controller. Once you have done that (probably you should use 12345678 as password), you should go to the "ME" or "MYSELF" area in the app (in my iPhone it appears as "Me"). Then go down to the "Adj Accelerator Curve", in my case I could activate this option, it was switched off by defect. That shifts the throttle from a linear response to something that looks more like a logarithmic response (meaning that it delivers very little power in the beginning and much more from half twisted throttle). That might help you out to start in a sweeter way. But I would say that a lot of the other parameters, as well, have effect on the way the motor delivers the power. In my case, I switched most of the affecting parameters to the minimum, saved the settings and tested the bike. Then I started to tune each parameter one by one to understand the effect of it in the way the bike performed (and still doing that). One relevant issue, if you activate the "soft start", then remember to deactivate the "fast start" option because that one has priority if it is on. I would say you can find a good compromise by tuning from low to high each parameter, but take it with time and patience...

I'll try to do what you suggest. But I think I've already tried it, but I'll try again (maybe I'm missing something). But I'm just curious why the "Adjust Accelerator Curve" doesn't actually adjust anything other than "shifting throttle response" and offers no actual "adjustment" per se... or am I missing something????
And how would I get rid of the lag of any response in the throttle? Can't I adjust that out with this controller?

I agree, the controller and what you can actually decide in terms of response by switching or not the "adj accelerator curve" it is quite limited. That is why probably you will need to play with the rest of parameters, and even though, it might not be sufficient to tune it in the way you would like... I guess we will have to accept that if we don't go for more advanced (and expensive) controller. I am playing myself with it and I cannot say I am fully satisfied :( (for instance, I am using PAS and it has very limited adjust-ability)

Back