JST 2 pins into 1?

arthurtuxedo

100 W
I am trying to wire my front and rear lights into the VF of a CA v3, and I currently have it temporarily connected with twist-on wire connectors, with the 2 positive and negative wires of the lights making contact with the single wires coming from the CA (I cut the DC plug off).

Now that I received a JST-SH crimper and terminals from HobbyKing, I'd like to make a better version, hopefully without having to solder the wires from the lights together. I know that would be easier, but it would make it impossible to remove only one light from the bike at a time without cutting the wire. Is it possible to use two 2-pin connectors that each feed the 2 positive or negative wires from the lights into the single wires coming from the CA? I am envisioning larger circuits where a person might use a paperclip to bridge the connection, but I don't know if something similar can be done with the smaller JSTs to bridge the 2 lights together.

Just make a Y-cable, with whatever connector you want on the CA end, or with the "bottom" of the Y wired directly into the CA, and the connector for each light at each of the other arms of the Y.

Then plug each light into it's arm.

Back