GT Power 130A Watt Meter

aja

10 W
Hi all,

I purchased the GT Power 130 Watt Meter about 6 months ago; after 4 months the digits disappeared from the display but the blue display still remained lit; I checked the wiring and it looks like there are no issues. I have it installed inline between the battery and the motor. Is there a way to restore the digits on the screen or do I have to purchase a new unit?
Given the low cost compared to a CA I can swallow it, but don't really want to be throwing these out every 4 months both the hassle of reinstalling and it going to landfill or recycling...
Is there another unit I should be looking at? It would be nice to save the data as well; with this unit, after I turn off the battery, the data disappears (when it worked at least).

Thanks

it's possible the voltage converter inside died. If so, a common reason for that is running an input voltage close to or higher than it can take, often around 60v or less.

Sometimes these things have an AUX plug on the side that lets you power them off a separate low voltage battery (you'd hae to check the manual for what that votlage would be, and which pins on the plug are which). Sometimes tehre's also a reset pin to reset back to zero without power cycling the unit.

Back