BMX chains

coinmaster

10 W
My cyclone 3000 has ripped two of my chains if half from the torque already and I need something a bit stronger than the chains I've been using.
I was told to use BMX chains instead of KMC chains for the best results but I the sizing is different on BMX chains. What size BMX chain will fit a 10 speed?

Appropriately powered ebikes don't need multiple gears. If you want reliability as well as retain the multi-speed chainline with a high powered mid-drive, then you need to go to a left side drive and a single speed with a strong belt or chain.

I live in a very hilly area with lots of steep grades, I need the gears sadly.
I can't find anything on the internet that tells me what size BMX chain will fit a 10 speed drivetrain.

What ferret said is true. You can't shift single speed chain with a derailleur, nor mesh it on a multi-speed cassette. It's too wide.

You've exceeded the capacity of your bicycle chain in some way-- but perhaps only by shifting under load, which is avoidable. So a good first step would be to completely avoid shifting with power applied. Putting an interrupter on the shifter would assure this.

If you switch to 7 speed chain, cassette, derailleur, and shifter, you might get further improved reliability. It would certainly become much cheaper to replace your components frequently, which you should be doing when you use a large multiple of the power they're designed to handle.

BMX is a size or type of chain.

KMC is a brand of chains. KMC's Z410 chain is a BMX chain. Like all other BMX chains, Z410 is 1/2 x 1/8 inch chain.

9/10/11 speed chain is 1/2" X 11/128"

6/7/8 speed chain is 1/2" X 3/32" (12/128)

Are you using ebike chain: http://www.kmcchain.eu/chain-mtb-ebike ?

Back