Motorino LTi 48v11A Controller stuck at 20mph

bobmutch

100 W
I have a 2016 Motorino LTi 48V12Ah ebike that I would like to drive in the trails in my friends property. I am wondering how to modify the controller so I can get past the 32km/20mph limit. I tried changing the size of the tire from 28 to 18 but it made no change in the maximum speed. I also made sure I set the Km/h to 47km in the 800S-A LCD dashboard. The follow pictures show the controller info label, and the controller wires labeled.

Attachments

• controller.jpg
    controller.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 493
  • controller-label.jpg
    controller-label.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 493
bobmutch said:
I have a 2016 Motorino LTi 48V12Ah ebike that I would like to drive in the trails in my friends property. I am wondering how to modify the controller so I can get past the 32km/20mph limit. I tried changing the size of the tire from 28 to 18 but it made no change in the maximum speed. I also made sure I set the Km/h to 47km in the 800S-A LCD dashboard.

If you mean you changed the tire size setting to a smaller wheel in the LCD, AFAIK, you'd need to change it to a larger one. (whereas you'd do the opposite if changing the actual physical tire/wheel size, and not just a setting).

If changing the actual physical tire size on the wheel didn't change anything, and you changed it on both wheels, then it doesn't make any sense, because the bike has to sense speed somehow. The most common way is a wheel speed sensor, either with a separate magnet on the wheel and sensor on frame or fork to read it, or using a magnet and hall inside a hubmotor. Either method would be affected by changing the actual tire.

Looks like controller is LS / LiShui / Li Shui; there've been a few threads, some recent, about that controller and speed limits. If you look up the names I gave they should show up; though they may not fix your issue. It's likely that the limit is hard coded into the controller and not alterable even though the LCD settings available imply it can be.

Other than that, there's a few threads about motorino limits, though I don't know if they are useful to you
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/search.php?keywords=motorino+limit*&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=titleonly&sr=topics&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

There could be info in some of the other motorino threads too
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/search.php?keywords=motorino+20*&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=titleonly&sr=topics&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

and others.

I'm beginning to think the speed limiter is GPS based! Same problem on Rad Wagon. "I feel your pain."

More and more, the days of the easy disconnect speed limiter are passing as regulations have tightened up on the Euro complaint bike market.

Back