Controller wiring problem

pet4r

100 µW
I have four throttle wires on the controller: black, red, green and yellow. The throttle lever has three wires. I connected black to black, red to red and green to white. The yellow wire that goes from the controller is EBS + and I dont know where to conncet it. Where should I connect that wire?
The controller is 36V, EB306-A-3. I connected the hall and the phase wires to controller, but the engine does not rotate when I push the throttle. I've tried all 36 combinations of halls and phase wires but none of them works.

Does anybody can help mi with this?

A couple extra information about what I've been done/test so far. I tested the hall in a way that I turned the wheel and measured the voltage (it changes between 0 and 5V). I shorted the engine phases and then the rotation resistance was high for each combination. When I connect a hall, phases, throttle, and battery then I have a 5V voltage on a black and red throttle wires. I guess that all that tests are ok. The controller also has a red thin wire that I have connected to the red thick that goes to the battery.

I think that the EBS+ wire is for High brake sense in. Or to stop the motor while braking, requires a 12 volt positive signal, say tapped into a brake light...

Let's get the motor turning first... Check to see that EBS- is not being grounded.
Separate your throttle white wire from the controllers green. And with power on, check the white wire to battery ground see if you have about .8 vdc to 4.2 vdc output depending on throttle position. Yes, we go on to the controller, no we stay on the throttle...

EBS- is not grounded, I will check voltage between battery ground and white thrrottle wire.

TommyCat said:
Separate your throttle white wire from the controllers green. And with power on, check the white wire to battery ground see if you have about .8 vdc to 4.2 vdc output depending on throttle position. Yes, we go on to the controller, no we stay on the throttle...

I have 0.8V between battery ground and white wire, when throttle is in max position voltage is 3.6V.

pet4r said:
I have 0.8V between battery ground and white wire, when throttle is in max position voltage is 3.6V.

This is an indication of a good throttle output! So what's holding the controller output off :?: Nothing else connected? If so disconnect. I was thinking the brakes where tied into EBS-... Re-try. Verify the controller wiring...

Controller Wiring... with the throttle wires disconnected.
Mark the positive wire as 5 vdc +, Then using a high DMM resolution and keeping the positive probe there...check the other two wires ( not the yellow...) with the Black test lead, both which will provide a grounding path, but the sensor wire has a little resistance in it. So true o vdc battery negative wire will have the highest voltage potential. Mark it. With the sensor wire, just a hair less voltage potential. Mark it. Example: In my testing, from 5+vdc to true ground meter read 5.07 vdc. to sensor wire read 5.06 vdc. All verified then reconnect and try it again. Any sounds from the motor? Phases and hall sensor wiring connected? Did you check all three motor hall sensors?
Main battery + power to B+? Any forward-reverse switch wiring?

To check controller operation without the throttle... take a look here...

Back