CA-3 Fuse and Switch Help For Shunt-CA3

dddddd

1 mW
Hi Yes you can Hook up 2 Motors.
I have a quick question Can you hook up 2 displays? And work? One for info Other had rfid Sensor to limit speed??? Please Inform me

dddddd said:
Hi Yes you can Hook up 2 Motors.
I have a quick question Can you hook up 2 displays? And work? One for info Other had rfid Sensor to limit speed??? Please Inform me

One display can do both. Just get a DPS model CA, and use the remote speed sensor magnet on a wheel.

Hi I know this is 2018.

But i have a sabvoton 72v 150a And the Wires Are so small i don't know if soldering will be possible I only want the speed limiting future.
Eny advice Please. And there is no shunt would a external Shunt work? PLEASE HELP!!!!!! :p

dddddd said:
... i have a sabvoton 72v 150a And the Wires Are so small i don't know if soldering will be possible I only want the speed limiting future.
And there is no shunt would a external Shunt work?

Please see "Appendix D. Adding a CA-DP Connector to a Generic Controller" of the [strike]Un[/strike]official Guide.
This will work fine for your controller and required no internal controller mods.

Hi I can't Really Understand that Guide Mind helping me Step by step? Please.

Hi forgot to add this Question.

But will it still work if i solder as the guide says. Then i can connect it to CA3.1? and have all the features That it's capable?

Hi. I have a sabvoton 72150 And i want All the Features of the cycle Analyst 3.1 But there is no 6pin to connect it to Cycle Analyst.
Can you Help me Please I'm Pretty Nooby Working with this stuff.

dddddd said:
I can't Really Understand that Guide Mind helping me Step by step?
If you explain what is puzzling you I might be able to help, but you just need to wire up the parts exactly according to the picture - as they say, it's worth a thousand words... :)

CA-genericController1.png

dddddd said:
But will it still work if i solder as the guide says. Then i can connect it to CA3.1? and have all the features That it's capable?
Yes.

If I do as You Posted Will i Get all the Features Of the Cycle Analyst 3.1. I Manly want the Multiple Aux connections.?

This Part is confusing me. https://gyazo.com/20a23679683b35b08d0e7b7a33ef2918
What sort of Fuse and switch should i Attach Mind Linking me Fuse and Switch Please :)

Thanks a lot for the Helping.

dddddd said:
If I do as You Posted Will i Get all the Features Of the Cycle Analyst 3.1. I Manly want the Multiple Aux connections.?
yes!

dddddd said:
This Part is confusing me. ...
What sort of Fuse and switch should i Attach Mind Linking me Fuse and Switch Please :)
That has nothing to do with the CA - it's merely representative of any typical ebike switch and fuse hookup and is an entirely different matter.

Hook up the battery the same as you presently do to the controller on your bike. If you don't have a running bike that you are upgrading with a CA and are building from scratch, then there are already many threads on the topics of switches and fuses if you search. If you need more assistance on those matters, start another thread on the switch/fuse issues - but that is not a CA question and is off topic in this thread.

Sorry. I Don't Know how to Make A thread. Just last Question So any type of fuse and A on/Off switch Would Work in This Section https://gyazo.com/1bf1cdb9049b45a55887f4ce16bb1b1f

Thank You A lot!!! :)

dddddd said:
Sorry. I Don't Know how to Make A thread. Just last Question So any type of fuse and A on/Off switch Would Work in This Section https://gyazo.com/1bf1cdb9049b45a55887f4ce16bb1b1f
No.
Sorry, but you are asking other questions separate from the CA - there are issues with switches and fuses that cannot be answered in a few words...

Please go to this page and press "New Topic".
Enter you topic "Need help with fuse and switch" or similar and describe your controller, motor, and battery so folks understand your situation.

Ask your questions and/or ask for examples. Folks will answer.

Hi. So i need to Know how to Connect a fuse and a switch with Shunt-CA3

Any Information Will be Helpfull.

Down Below Is the sketch How it Should Work out.

Attachments

• cYCLE ANANANANA.png
    cYCLE ANANANANA.png
    33.5 KB · Views: 1,173
there is a diagram at this link that shows you how to wire CA3's JST6pin in using a Shunt.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/80A-Motor-Controller-Sabvoton-SVMC72080-controller-for-Electric-Scooter-Motor-Brushless-DC-Controller/32812232445.html

You could have someone do the CA3 cable install for you I am sure.

dddddd said:
Hi. I have a sabvoton 72150 And i want All the Features of the cycle Analyst 3.1 But there is no 6pin to connect it to Cycle Analyst.
Can you Help me Please I'm Pretty Nooby Working with this stuff.
Please see the CA3 [strike]Un[/strike]official Guide secton "Appendix D. Adding a CA-DP Connector to a Generic Controller".
The manufacturer site is always a good place to start. In this case it links to this manual and has lots of other CA3 info.

Hi. Someone Told me this is a Better way doing it Without soldering Look at the Diagram.

But will it Handle the Power I also bought a Shunt Before Knowing that I can do as the Diagram Says.

Attachments

• shunt.jpg
    shunt.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 1,663
I already pointed you to the Unofficial User Guide one post back. Please use it.

It describes how to connect your CA to an external shunt in the installation section.
See: section "4.2.1.3 Installation with High Current External Shunt (Normal Mode)"

You didn't provide any information about that the current you need to measure or specs for that shunt so I don't know if it will work. The CA Shunt page has several standard shunts that will work fine...
See: CA Shunts

My Controller is 72v 150a Motor 5000w 100ah. Battery 72v 29ah

Should i Use a External Shunt Or CA-Shunt?

Hi mate my Question is CAN the CA-SHUNT Work or dose it not Handle the current.

You are not answering my Question I get it you linked me that Unoffical Link i don't understand it. Like i said i'm very nooby with these Stuff.

Thanks Alot for the help!

i forgot to ask After i install everything Do i have to calculate Anything I read Something about current,Throttle Voltage.

Please Let me know I appreciate you're Support.

dddddd said:
Hi mate my Question is CAN the CA-SHUNT Work or dose it not Handle the current.

You are not answering my Question
The shunt for which I posted the picture will handle 150A (see highlighting).
You indicated that is what you need, so that shunt will work fine.

DDDDDD, the CA doesn't have a shunt. It has wires that need to connect to both sides of the shunt. They're commonly connected to the shunt inside the controller, but that doesn't work if using 2 controllers (the topic of this thread), so a separate stand alone shunt is required through which the current of both controllers must flow for accurate measurement by the CA.

Hmmm....

dddddd said:
My Controller is 72v 150a Motor 5000w 100ah. Battery 72v 29ah
John in CR said:
...that doesn't work if using 2 controllers (the topic of this thread), so a separate stand alone shunt is required through which the current of both controllers must flow for accurate measurement by the CA.
dddddd's original questions were couched in terms of a single controller and motor with reference to a single motor/controller wiring diagram - I took this to be an off topic question about a CA with external shunt... The CA3 Guide which I referenced earlier mentions 2WD hookup in passing in section "4.2.1.6 Installation with Multiple Controllers (2WD)", but no wiring is detailed because the grounding and other issues were beyond the topic of the Guide.

But - if this is about a build with two such controllers, two such motors, and a single CA3 and throttle, then the wiring diagram dddddd reproduced above cannot be used and the shunt will need to be shared by both controllers and so will need twice the capacity (something like a Grin SHUNT0.25). A good 2WD wiring diagram by member teslanv can be found at: https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=71073&hilit=teslanv+2wd

Back