Folding eBike > Pull Bob/Yak ?

vja4Him

10 mW
I just got a new eBike today. I need to find out if I can pull either a Yak or Bob with this folding eBike ….

It's a Blix Vika+ 20" 11AH.

Sure you could pull it, but how do you attach it?

Is it a front motor? Then you can use their special skewer.

312VZm5CClL.jpg

If it's a rear motor, they sell these Bob Nutz spindles but I don't believe they come threaded for the 12mm axles used in most hub motors. In addition, if your motor has the motor cable coming out the end of the axle, you need one spindle that is also hollow so you can run the cable thru it.

41sdigVbrFL._AC_US327_QL65_.jpg

Finally, you get to worry whether a spindle adapter can be torqued on and hold the motor in place, while also being being used to support/pull 50-80 pounds on its ends. Well, maybe enough ebikes are being sold that they would work with you on a prototype.

To use bob nuts on a rear-hubmotor bike, you add a plate to the dropouts, with a hole in the plate for a bolt that is the right threading to put the nuts on, just behind or above the hubmotor axle, as close as you can get to the hub axle without interfering with getting it on or off, etc.

The plates then have another hole in them for the hubmotor axle, and can be held on by the hubmotor nuts. Or have them on the inside of the dropouts, if there's room, and the dropouts hold them against the axle shoulders.

IF the rear dropouts themselves have space, drill a hole for the bolt to put the bob nuts on directly in the dropout plates.

Back