I prefer no PAS just throttle

homina

1 mW
Hello All

I prefer not to have a PAS on an etrike a simple throttle is all I want as I don't use the trike enough to merit PAS

I am a novice so I don't know how to do this or if I can do this with current motors
Here are my questions
Do I need a controller for this ?
Do specific rear hub geared 500 watt+ motors work with throttle only or do all of them or none of them?
Can I use a throttle only and still have a brake cutoff feature?

Thanks from a Novice

Whether you use a pas or throttle is up to the controller and not the motor. Switching your controller over to a programmable one will give you the option to play around woth lots of things.. this is why we build oir own machines here generally

I also prefer to pass on PAS. I find that I have much finer motor control with a throttle. The real experience that convinced me was a very rocky trail where I couldn't keep spinning the pedals because of the proximity of rocks. Better to feather the pedals and power through those places. The throttle also makes ground handling of the bike much easier. Some times you need to get off and push your bike around or over and it helps to be able to have the motor help.
I'm not an expert but I haven't had a controller yet that wouldn't allow throttle only.

neptronix said:
. Switching your controller over to a programmable one will give you the option to play around woth lots of things.
Thanks
What are some programmable controllers?

A picture and/or some other info on your current controller would be helpful, you might be able to just connect a throttle to it and disconnect the PAS.

Back